Fun I/We Had:
- Last week we had a super yummy dinner at Applebee's. We had the cheesesticks appetizer and blondie brownie sundae for dessert. Yummmmm...
- I made homemade chimis again, this time using onions and sweet peppers from the garden.
- Last Friday we had dinner at Bob Evans (it's been a LOOONNNNGG time). It was delicious! Oh, how I love the blueberry bread!
- After dinner Friday, we went to Barley Hopsters in Delaware. It's a little brewery place where you can buy all kinds of exotic beers by the bottle. Adam really enjoys it and I pick up my cider beer.
- On Saturday, I made Adam go grocery shopping with me. I always enjoy it so much more, and always spend so much more when he's with me. Our bill was $311!! Yipes!
- On Saturday, we went to the Ohio State Fair in the evening. (I worked in the AM.) It was so crowded and loud there, but was awesome. It's one of those things you have to do once a year, and once a year is enough! We walked around and saw some animal exhibits, then ate some food. I had a gyro, homemade donuts (they melted in your mouth!!!), and frozen cheesecake dipped in chocolate on a stick -- AWESOME!! Then, we rode rides. We rode our favorite mouse coaster, Adam rode this vomit spinny ride. We rode this giant swing, then we rode Extreme Adrenaline and I think it almost killed Adam. I didn't mind it, but it did make your legs and feet hurt because all the blood rushes out of your head and into your feet. It was a great night, but we were exhausted!
Here is a pic of me with a GIANT bunny at the fair.
A pic of Adam with the GIANT carved pumpkins at the fair.
The crazy barf-ride that Adam rode alone.
The swing ride that we both rode. It was pretty high up in the air!
- On Sunday, we met Becky and Darin at Dave and Busters for some games. Adam finally spent some of his 47,000 tickets on an "Angry Birds" toy, that now gets launched across cubes at the office.
- After D&B's we headed to Schmidt's for dinner. We all got the Audobon buffet (except Becky) and of course had a cream puff.
- Then, we went to Vets Memorial for our "Tosh on Ice" show. It was HILARIOUS! I love Tosh!
- Tuesday night we went to see the Goo Goo Dolls at the LC Pavillion. Parachute and Michelle Branch opened for them. It was a great show and it was great to see my boys again (for possibly the 8th or 9th time!).- At work this week, I took time to make a poster for our office. Our "Green Committee" is having a donation challenge that I'm very excited about. I need to find time to go through more junk to donate to charity!
- Wednesday night I made my OG-style knock-off Zuppa Toscana Soup and Fettucini Alfredo. I think the Zuppa is identical tasting. Alfredo sauce... even better. But, it's too rich. I always get sick after I eat it! :)
- Wednesday evening I had time to relax, we all even took an evening nap on the couch, dogs on the floor! We took an evening walk with the boys. The weather for the past two evenings has been "cool", relatively speaking. 77-degrees now feels like you need a jacket!! Tyson is still hanging in there on his walks and still enjoys them. It's hard to believe that he was diagnosed 17 weeks ago, and is still hanging in there!!!
- Adam played golf with his work friends last night. I'm really happy that he has been freed of some of his work burdens this past week. He's come home from work early and seems much more refreshed and less stressed!
- Finally, the most exciting thing we found out, that hasn't yet happened, is that Adam and I were selected to volunteer for "Extreme Makeover Home Edition!!!!" It's this weekend, and we got our assignment here in Columbus. I CANNOT wait to go and be a part of it!!! :)
Overall, this past week was just WAY too much fun! Maybe that's why time flew by!
Tasks I/We Accomplished:
- I finished a family's photo session pictures - another one to check off the to-do list!
- I finally got my home office organized. The paperwork was filed, I sent out lots of follow-up e-mails, and I just cleaned it up in general. I feel back on track!
- I had ordered some personal pics from past vacations and family events. They arrived and I put them all in my albums and started writing about them, but that part will take time to finish.
- I finished editing another wedding. Glad to have that done in time for another!
- I decided to cancel my Urban Active membership. I haven't been there in months. It's a waste of money, and I plan to join Snap Fitness soon. Adam is obsessed with Snap. It sounds like it's a MAJOR pain to cancel at UA, though. They make it as difficult as possible. So, let's hope this goes well. I couldn't even cancel in person. I had to send a letter, $10 check, by certified mail, with a return receipt (costing $6 more!) to their home office. Then, they will have 60 days to "decide" if they want to honor my request to cancel!!!! Are you serious???? What a joke!! I'm reading online that there have been many BBB and Attorney General complaints and a possible lawsuit. Let's hope those people are all just dummies and can't follow instructions, and mine will get canceled with no problem!
- Finally, I got everything all squared away and in place for my big photo opportunity. I'm just waiting for the "all clear" so I can announce where you'll next see my photos!
Movies I/We Watched:
- "The Adjustment Bureau": Adam really liked it and I thought it was interesting. I really liked the concept. I just wish Emily Blunt and Matt Damon had better chemistry and then the love story could've been really great! But still, I liked the idea of the movie, and it was very different. It was an action movie without violence, I would recommend it!!
This weekend is going to be uber busy! We are shooting Erika and Kevin's wedding tonight! I have to work in Advising Saturday AM. Sunday we are volunteering all morning, then in the evening we have our ghost group meeting. Later this month we have a ghost overnight at Waverly Hills, so we have to prepare for that! I'm looking forward to it!!


No comments:
Post a Comment