Tasks I/We Accomplished:
- We shot wedding pics at Erika and Kevin's wedding on a Friday evening. It was a beautiful venue, and the bride looked gorgeous, and it was a very good time.
- Adam worked hard to scrub up all of our tile floors. I think I forgot that they were white!!
- Adam and I both joined SNAP Fitness. I think I've been a total of one or two times since then. I keep meaning to go but have been so busy! Something always comes up!
- I met with my friend Jeff to discuss a business proposition I had for him. He seemed interested in collaborating, but we haven't talked again since (again, been too busy). More to come if this pans out!
- Had two more photo sessions this last weekend. One with Sophie and Keegan and one with Beth's husband Chris' cousin Andrew (if that makes sense) for his senior pics. The senior pics were at the most AMAZING home/mansion EVER!! It was a photographer's dream "playground."
- I placed an order for Kristy and Josh's wedding photos! Glad to have that one ordered and on its way.
- I received more and more photo and wedding inquiries this week and weekend. I'm finding it difficult to keep up with!!
Fun I/We Had:
- Adam and I had Ollie's once or twice in the past few weeks (plus DQ!). I had some Salted Caramel ice cream, then Graham Cracker Station. Adam tried the Salted Caramel milkshake. Waaaaayyy too much caramel for me!
- Several weekends ago now Adam and I had the most AWESOME opportunity to volunteer on Extreme Makeover Home Edition. We spent all day on a Sunday there. We got to stock water for volunteers, sweep the basement of the new home!!, clean up construction garbage around the house, and star in three scenes for the show!!! We were also given two free t-shirts and served an awesome meal! It should air around the holidays (hence the red and green). So, make sure to watch for us! I hope our scenes don't get cut! In one I have a direct interaction with the designer, Michael! :)
- That same day in the evening was our Ghost Group meeting. It was good to see everyone and start getting excited for our trip to Waverly Sanitorium next week!!
- Also, last week, I met with a lady named Michelle, who is wanting to start a photography business (she's currently a nurse). She found me online and wanted me to mentor her in starting her own business. We talked for almost 2 hours and I helped her as much as I could! I hope I helped her more than scared her! :)
- This weekend after my photo session with Beth, Chris, and the kids, we went to dinner with Nancy and my Mom at Bullwinkles. Dinner was delicious!
- Late Saturday night I paid my Grandma and Grandpa a visit since I missed his birthday party. We watched the Reds game together and had time to catch up.
- Adam spent the weekend on Lake Erie with his co-worker Gregg. They had a chance to go fishing, boating, and swimming. And, Adam was most excited because he got to see his first tornado... a waterspout over the lake! He took a video of it for me to see, too. I'm super jealous!
- Also on Sunday, before my session I met with Kelly, Brian, and Lori for lunch at BD's Mongolian BBQ. It was very good! I got to hear all about their cruises and overseas vacations, and got some souvenirs!
- This is fun for my sister - she left OSU this weekend, went home, then moved down to Marshall tonight!! I hope she likes it there!! I hope to be able to visit sometime despite our challenges (see below).
Movies I/We Watched:
- "Red Riding Hood": It was soooo weird, goofy, and silly. It's like it wanted to be "Twilight." The acting and lines were uber cheesy. Pretty sad... I don't recommend it.
Other Challenges We Endured:
- So, a family update - Beth's grandma, Eileen fell while Nancy was at work a week or two ago. Nancy came home to find her on the floor. They rushed her to the ER, but she wasn't injured. They moved her to a nursing home, though, thinking it would be best for her. A few days after she was there, she fell again and shattered her hip. She had surgery to put in pins and I guess she was walking again some. Mom and I went to visit her Sunday and she didn't even wake up. It was hard to see her kind of comatose. When Mom spoke to her, she'd mumble, but not open her eyes. Then, I spoke and said "Goodbye" and she said "Bye." Let's hope she improves and was just really drugged up.
- P.S. Nancy then tripped going to lunch, on the sidewalk Friday, and broke her foot! So their whole family is a mess, unfortunately!
- Later Sunday night on my way home from my Mason photo session, Mom and Allison were in a panic because Tyson had a major nosebleed. It was a gusher. I got home to find a "crime scene" with blood everywhere. We finally got it to stop after about 40 minutes. Then, while we were eating yummy Cassano's pizza, we looked down and saw his legs, face, and toy saturated in blood again. We got it to stop after about 30 minutes. I had to get back to Delaware, so I blanketed my car, and as I pulled into town, he got ANOTHER nosebleed. Adam and I used ice to get it to stop finally after another 45 minutes. I called Med Vet scared for him losing so much blood (this was about 11pm at this point on a Sunday night). I said if it didn't stop I'd come in. It stopped, then he laid his head on the tile and a puddle of blood formed immediately. So, we had to take him in. By the time we got there, of course, it had stopped bleeding again. He looked a wreck, mangy, red, and tired. They gave him an epinephrine nose squirt (and some to take home) and only charged us $14!!! They waved the mandatory $124 fee!!! So nice on so many levels! When we woke up Monday, we were pretty sure this was the end for Tators. He wouldn't move, he didn't go potty, he wouldn't get up when we came home from work. He couldn't even lift his head. Adam took him to our vet. She ran his bloodwork and everything came back normal, except a high BP. Amazing to know that he's still doing "okay" after 19 weeks!! After several days of rest he now seems to be back to his "old" self. He just lost lot of blood, was tired, and had endured a lot of stress with the car ride and nosebleeds. No more trips to Dayton for us... :(
Two Big Announcements This Week:
- Adam got a new job/promotion at work!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for him. He's been wanting this job for a while and finally the position opened up. He is now a Program Manager. He oversees 6 employees on their projects, has to conduct interviews, hire, and review his employees. I can tell he's super excited about it and that makes me even happier. We found out Friday evening when his boss called him at home to offer him the job. I knew why he was calling, even though he tried to lie and tell me he was in trouble. :)
- We have acquired a kitten!!! I'm rolling my eyes while I write this. It's as if we don't have enough drama already, we needed more. The kitty is good. Very sweet and well-behaved. Brutus is not, however. He cannot grasp the idea of a cat and is completely freaking out. Fortunately, kitty is good in his room by himself. I REALLY need to find a home for him. None of the shelters will take him. They're all full!!!! HELP - if you know anyone!! He's super cute (see below).


No comments:
Post a Comment