Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Staying on Task This Week

I finally feel somewhat "caught up" on life, so this week my goal is to stay caught up and stay ahead of the game. I've done more work than play, but maybe that's the reason I feel on track. I need to get in a better rhythm (early to bed, early to rise!) so I can stick to my routine. Here's what I accomplished this week:

Tasks I/We Accomplished:
- I finished the gift I was working on for Steph. I first made her a homemade scented soy candle. Then, I did a mosaic tile design around the candle vase. I think it turned out okay. The candle making part was fun! The broken glass mosiac tile is just too complicated for me (well, the grouting part is anyway)! - I've been busy editing wedding pics for my clients, and have been busy with tons of e-mails and phone calls from clients. I got another client's wedding pics ordered and they should arrive tomorrow!! :)
- I had a newborn session with little Jayla. I love that Katie and Darius made it a point to have her first session with me when they were in Dayton visiting from South Carolina (then drove to Columbus to see me!).
- I ran a lot of errands after my class today. The first was my most dreaded errand each year: getting my rings checked and cleaned. I opted not to have the rings rhodium dipped this time (to avoid the likelihood that they would get lost, damaged, or stolen in the process). So, I made my trips to Jared, Andrews, and Kay Jewelers. Disaster averted for another 6 months!!
- I also stopped in at Snap Fitness here in town. I'm considering canceling my membership at Urban Active (haven't been in months) and trying a membership there. However, I'm so "excited" about it that I couldn't even bring myself to go try it out tonight while Adam went. We got a 7 day free trial membership.
- Finally, I stopped at the library to get a movie and my "Shopaholic Ties the Knot" book on CD.
- I ordered a TON of pics for my photo albums from events over the last few months, so I'm excited for those to arrive.
- Tonight we pulled weeds in the mulch beds. We are going to do better at maintaining them now! Adam raked up a bunch of dead grass from the yard and we watered to help spark new growth.

Fun I/We Had:
- On Friday we went out for a special dinner at Olive Garden. SOOOOO yummy!
- On Saturday, Steph invited us to the Indians game in Cleveland with her and her Mom. We went, and as we sat in our seats before the game, they were pulling out the rain tarp. They called a rain delay (it wasn't looking good) before the game started. We waited 2.5 hours by the concession stands while it rained off and on, and then they called the game. We had to make our own fun, which started with a trip to the fried food stand (i.e. Fried Twinkies, cookie dough, funnel cakes, etc.).
Steph's mom always uses this fan to stay cool, so we had a little fun with it when she went to the bathroom.- Adam and I had Whit's for dessert on Sunday night during the rain storm.
- Today Adam played his weekly golf game with his co-workers.

Movies I/We Watched:
- NONE!! I hope to watch a few later this week, though!

No comments: