~Thursday~
Today I worked all day, my normal schedule. After work, we went to our usual - El Vaquero. We finally realized that this may be a problem because as soon as we sat down the cheese dip was delivered right to us. And, our server "Tequila-for-the-lady" guy, knew our entire order. Oops! Maybe we eat there too much! :)
~Friday~
Super early Friday morning I had a doctor's appointment. After that, I ran some errands and came home and got some photography work done. Finally, it was time to head out for a half-day of work (I tell ya, I was up EARLY!). After work I made dinner. Then, for our usual dessert, we headed out to Ollie's. This time I tried the Mint Fudge. I have to admit, I wasn't much of a fan. I couldn't finish the cone. After we ate, there seemed to be a lot of hubub going around downtown, so we walked around. There was live music and a sidewalk chalk art contest. There were a few really amazing ones. Then we walked past the Strand Theater, where I had wanted to see "Super 8." Turns out it was starting right then, so on the spur of the moment we decided to see it. And, of course I had to have popcorn!! The movie was not what I expected. I thought it was a cross between "Goonies"/"War of the Worlds"/"The Knowing"/"Transformers"/"Lovely Bones." I didn't care for it, really.
~Saturday~
I had to work in the morning. It was SUPER slow. I saw one student, aside from helping at a new student workshop. It went by pretty quickly. After work, I came home and did some photography work. Adam FINALLY got his car back, $2000 and 3 days later (and keep in mind that was with a 20% discount!). Let's hope his AC works for at least a year before it breaks again.
Adam and I did some yard work in the afternoon. Adam mowed and I trimmed back all the out-of-control bushes. It looks much more groomed now!! I'm not sure what else we did until evening. But, for dinner we tried a new restaurant (new to us) in downtown Delaware - Chandra's Bistro. It's Chinese, Korean, and sushi. We did not get sushi, but I had amazing pot stickers!! After dinner we walked to The Patio downtown where they had a live band Adam wanted to see - The Divide. We sat on the edge of the fountain to watch, and let me tell you. It was the most entertaining thing I've seen in a while. The people watching was unbelievable. Words cannot even do it justice. I'll just say that all in one scene there was a one-legged baby hopping around playing air guitar and trying to dive into a 6-foot concrete hole head-first, two girls sitting on one guy's lap making out (then another guy tries to join in), a "Jessica Simpson" girl wearing the most unflattering short/jumper outfit/one-piece dancing around, many bra-less "cougars" flaunting their stuff for the college boys, and old man thrusting his hips while dancing in his pleated khaki pants and straw hat. Delaware is THE BEST! We were in tears laughing so hard. I think we were being punk'd.
Once the scene died down that night we came home and watched "Black Swan." We both suprisingly really liked the movie. It was bizarre, but I really liked it.
~Sunday~
Mom and Dad came up in the afternoon to visit for the holiday. Once they got here, we decided to go out for lunch to Buns. It was shockingly not terrible! I had the clam basket. After lunch, the guys watched a bit of the Reds vs. Indians game on TV. Then, Allison met up with us and Dad, Adam, Allie, and I went golfing at Hidden Valley in Delaware; it's a Par 3 course. The best part was riding in the cart! The breeze while riding felt soooooo good!
Here's Allison trying to chip it over the water hazard. She and I got in trouble a lot for talking and taking pics while Adam or Dad were taking their shots. Apparently, golfers think they need silence to play well, unlike EVERY other sport where fans are chanting and yelling. I think they just need something to blame when they have a bad shot!!
After golf, we all cleaned up and headed to German Village for Schmidt's for dinner. So yummy! We got some giant cream puffs to-go!
After Schmidt's we had a campfire in the backyard and played "Pass the Popcorn." I won, of course! We came inside and made s'mores in the microwave because no one wanted to go inside to get the ingredients and bring them outside. Haha! Finally, after a long day it was bedtime.
~Monday - Happy Fourth of July!~
Monday I slept way in. I couldn't get moving in the morning. Dad brought us donuts. The guys decided that they wanted to play golf again. So, they went and Mom and I decided to start a project. We were watching a "Hoarders" marathon and I started to want to organize. So, I've had a giant pile of garage sale stuff for three years now, and really don't want to have another garage sale this late in the year. So, I decided I want to donate it, because really, I'll get almost as much on a tax write-off as I would in cash. Plus, everything will be gone, not just 10% of it, and it won't take as much work. So, Mom and I brought up a TON of boxes from the basement and went through EVERY item, wrote it down, and staged it for pictures. We are donating 194 pieces of clothing!!
After lunch we finished our organizing and Allie met up with us again. Then, we headed to downtown Delaware for the symphony and fireworks. First, we parked near Ollie's and I redeemed myself with a Salted Caramel Ginger Snap ice cream. We walked over to Ohio Weslyan University's Lawn for the symphony concert.
We ate a small dinner there, I just had popcorn and curly fries - really healthy, I know.
The symphony started and ended a half hour earlier than usual, which gave us plenty of time to walk over for fireworks to find a prime viewing location. We got to do sparklers and put on our glow bracelets. The fireworks were awesome! The grand finale is always ridiculous and lasts forever. I love it!
~Tuesday~
Today I taught the Freshman Seminar in the morning. Teaching this quarter is going to be so easy-peasy. Then, I met up with Marilyn for lunch at Panera. I hadn't seen her in months, so it was good to catch up. She baked us this amazing apple cinnamon bread! Mmmmm... SO good. Then, I was telling her about our big Goodwill donation, so she said she'd go with me to the store to price the items we were donating. So, we had fun and spent about an hour walking around and looking at things. It's amazing what you'll find. I was shocked at how clean the store was and how many Lexus's there were in the parking lot!! After we looked around we asked the cashier about donations and she gave us a brochure with ALL the estimated prices on it!! Haha! Oh well, it was fun to look! So, I came home and calculated everything. It seems like we'll have about $800 worth of donation.
I was really productive after I got home. I e-mailed and called some clients. I edited the wedding photos for a few hours. I completed my sales tax return (without any problem this time!!!). I got my Wedding Wire website all ready to go. I made dinner. I watered the yard and flowers. I caught up on some magazines. I watched the "Golden Girls." It was a good day.
~Wednesday~
Today I have another big to-do list to work on, but I'm already behind. I couldn't get out of bed when I wanted, so that's why I got a bad start on it. I've done some laundry (which is waiting on my attention right now) and I've written this post. Now I need to get ready, run some errands, and then tutor at the speech lab from 1pm-5pm. There will hardly be any students, so I may spend that time grading and reading Us Weekly. Work is hard. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment