Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Where Does The Time Go?

It's hard to believe that it's been almost a week since I last updated. Does the time fly way too fast for anyone else but me? Every time I turn around it's Thursday night, then it's the weekend, then it's Monday morning all over again. This past weekend went by in a flash, as usual.

~Friday~
I worked the full shift on Friday, without a lunch break. However, compared to my students Monday and Thursday, it was quiet and normal. So, I wasn't mad I worked all day. When we came home, we ate dinner (I made Tuna Casserole) and went to Ollie's (of course!) for dessert. They had my Salted Caramel Ginger Snap ice cream... yipee!! When we came home, we found that Tators had also enjoyed our Tuna Casserole. He had jumped on the counter (again) and pulled a mostly empty ceramic bowl from the back of the counter to the floor. It was broken everywhere!! That little monster can hardly walk, as is the act he puts on for us everyday, yet he can jump up to the back of the counter?? Friday evening, I spent most of my time on the computer getting ready for our first wedding of the season, packing my camera gear, playing around with my flashes and pocket wizards, etc.

~Saturday~
Today was our first wedding of the season, all the way up in Bowling Green, OH on the BGSU campus. We hadn't met the bride or groom, since they lived in Texas, so I was excited and nervous about that. We had an easy 2 hour drive up there, stopped for McDonald's lunch on the way, and arrived right on time. We felt completely un-rushed for photos. Everyone worked so well together, and we had a lot of fun. The weather was perfect (although, a little windy at first), but by the time we did outdoor photos it was the best!! The ceremony was outside too, and it was just perfect. I posted pics on my photography blog, but here are two from the day so I don't do a no-photo post.


The catering and cake were amazing!! It was an Italian spread, and the cake had a wonderful creme filling. That's Adam's favorite part of the weddings (not a bad perk for me, either!). Allie was nice enough to take care of the doggies while we were gone. On the ride home we were exhausted. When I got home, I went through some pics and posted my favorite. There will be so many great ones to choose from!

~Sunday~
We tried to sleep in, but I just have trouble doing that anymore. 9:00am is usually wake-up time for me, regardless of how late I go to bed. However, when I got up, I felt about as sore and tired as I felt after I ran my half-marathon!! My feet, hips, arms, and hands all ached! I could hardly move all day, so I lounged around a lot. I couldn't tell you much about what I did all day. I did get the couple's first blog post together. Then, Adam convinced me to go with him to the Delaware Dam trail for a hike with the dogs. He ran with Brutus and I walked with Tators. It was good to get some exercise, it helped ease and warm up the sore muscles. Tators did well, we walked 15 minutes, took a break, and then walked back. He really enjoyed himself. When we got back, Adam wanted to go golfing, but I couldn't take anymore exercise and I was having this weird skin-burning thing happen on my chest anytime I stepped into the sun or heat. I felt the urge to clean a few bookcases while he went to hit some balls/play golf for hours!! I looked through our old college photo albums and scrapbook of when we began dating. :) Lots of great memories! I shared it with Adam later that night.

Then, for dinner, Adam and I grilled our new favorite recipe - Bourbon Chicken and Rice. We ate outside after it had cooled off. After dinner we took a walk to Dairy Queen for a treat. We came home and watched "Pirates of the Caribbean- Black Pearl" on Blu-Ray, because I had never seen any of the "Pirates" movies. So, I'm going to try to catch up on them. I will tell you what - I don't notice a picture quality difference on Blu-Ray (compared to DVDs) so much as the sound quality... it really seems like you're in a movie theater on our new(er) TV and surround sound! I kind of forgot how good it was since we'd been watching DVDs for the longest time. It makes a huge difference!!

~Monday~
It was the first day of Summer Quarter at work. It wasn't too busy. The students were fine, until I had to lead the new student workshop. There were some special folks in that one who really shouldn't be in college (i.e. the student who interrupted to ask where he can cash his paycheck, then later had a cell phone conversation DURING my presentation after I specifically asked everyone to put their phones away. Needless to say, he didn't make it through the two-hour workshop; he was told to leave.). I really find a lot of the characters we get there comical and sad, all at the same time. We had Pot Roast and Potatoes for dinner. Yum!

~Tuesday~
This was a super busy day for me. First thing, I taught day one of my Freshman Seminar class. All six students were there. It is my first time teaching at the Westerville campus and I really like how small and quiet it is there. I think there was maybe one other class there with several students, and that's it! After class, I headed to our new favorite - Tip Top Restaurant - for lunch with Shayla. We hadn't seen each other in ages. We had a chance to catch up over Corn Chowder and Philly Cheese Steaks. We also set a date for a photo session with her little one-year old.

After lunch, I had a doctor's appointment, so I headed back up to Westerville for that. The worst part was that my scale hit a gross number and I am now officially not gaining another pound!!! Which means, I may have to start exercising. It's on my to-do list today. :(

After the appointment, I went to Hobby Lobby to get inspired for a few crafts. Then, I dropped off a check at the bank, and finally picked up David Cook's new CD!! Then, it was off to my dentist to get two cavities filled. I was most worried about this, but I didn't feel A THING! I didn't even feel a "pinch" when he gave me the Novocaine shot. It was great! No pain or soreness afterwards either. I came home and Adam made Pigs in a Blanket for dinner. Then, he convinced me to take the dogs to Alum Creek Dam for a walk. I'm so glad I did because it was beautiful. I got to walk, feel a cool breeze, and watch the sun set over the lake. It was a spectacular view, and I never realized that! When we got back, Adam worked some and I finished another blog post for my clients.

~Wednesday~
Today, I had absolutely nothing on my calendar. But, that never means I have nothing to do. Actually "days off" are the worst because I feel unmotivated, but have so much that I actually want to do. Here's the to-do list I came up with for today:
- Laundry
- Finish newborn pics for a client
- Exercise
- Call a client about her order
- Call my mom about weekend plans
- Work on the wedding pics for a client
- Pull weeds/garden
- Write this blog post
- Select a room to do some top-to-bottom spring cleaning on
- Start working on my crafts
I think sometimes I plan too much in one day!! I guess I better keep moving so I can cross off one item!! :)

No comments: