~Tuesday~
I spent the day running around to appointments and making calls. I called around car places without much luck. I had a doctor's appointment and then went straight to a newborn photo session right afterwards. Little Emerson Alan was SO tiny. He peed, puked, and pooped on his poor mommy, but the pics turned out cute! You'd never know! :)
After the session, it loo
ked like it was going to storm like crazy, so I hopped in the car and drove home. That evening, we watched "Confessions of a Shopaholic." I just finished the first two audio books in the series. The movie, as always, is a disappointment. They changed around the roles of certain characters, and it moved much too fast, covering almost 25 hours of audio book in 90 minutes. Oh, well. My hopes weren't too high for it, but I was interested in seeing how it compared to the books.~Wednesday~
This was an uber-productive day for me. I got groceries, cleaned the house, finished editing a session for a client, shopped online for a gift, and put away the spring decor and put up the patriotic decor. And, I was on a mission to find out how we could get our car troubles resolved, so I called Honda America's Corporate Office. They referred me back to the dealership and said I would get a call in a few days. Okay... I figured not much would come of it. I called Netflix to complain that our "Pirates of the Caribbean" Blu-Ray has not been shipped to us 4 times in a row, even when it's in spot #1. So, they shipped it out immediately and then will ship our regular movie, too. Then, I went on a shopping spree to Kohl's and got these absolutely adorable frames for our family photos. And, I got two photo albums (for future storage) and two new gawdy rings. I have been wanting some huge sparkly rings SO bad, but couldn't find the right ones. Now I have TWO. When I was checking out, the cashier asked if I had coupons. I had two for this weekend... I hinted towards using them today, so she ended up giving me an extra 15% off plus $5 off the already 50%-60% off sale!!! What a deal! I'm pretty sure Kohl's paid me to take these items!

Last night I also snapped a photo of the corn I'm growing. I've never grown corn, but it's doing something! I'm just not sure what!! Is that a baby corn cob growing? It's started growing like crazy in the past few days.

~Thursday~
I should have gotten back in bed this morning. I thought the morning was going well. I got some e-mails answered and vacuumed the downstairs before work, and I thought I was ahead of schedule. Then, as I was cutting my new ring free to wear, I cut through the plastic too hard that I chopped right into my finger. Oooowwwiiieee!!! It started gushing blood, and wouldnt' stop. I called my Adam... no answer. I called my Mom to see if I might need stitches. Then, my car guy began calling while I was talking to her and bleeding. He called to say Honda wouldn't do anything, but he would give me 20% off my repairs and then later told Adam they would give him a free rental car for the day, too! That's $350 saved. Thank goodness!! So, overall, with an extra $15 saved at Kohl's, a free Blu-Ray, $350 saved and a rental car, I'm doing pretty good this week. A closed mouth doesn't get fed, now does it?
Today was another crazy rush day at work. I made it in a bit late due the the aforementioned circumstances. Almost every student we saw had an Academic Probation for failing everything last quarter. In fact, my first student was a sign of how my day would go. I was thinking that cutting off my finger would have been ideal at this point. As she walked into my office I said, "Hi my name is Sheri. Now, have we met before?" (Because her name sounded familiar.) Her response... "WHY?" and gave an evil stare. She proceeded to ask why I needed to know and who I knew with the same last name. She had some major paranoia issues! And it continued to be weird from there. Then, her probation form response as to why she had academic difficulty was: "None of your business." Wow. That's a first. It went on and on and she told me my tone was patronizing because she complained we dropped her classes. I asked if she paid for them. "NO!" "Okay, well that's why you were dropped. Fees were due yesterday." Wow. I don't think I've ever had one student give me as much problems since I worked there that really just made my jaw drop, but she was the winner today.
I finally made it home from work and we ate at El Vaquero's. I was only going to come and get on the computer for a minute... that was 90 minutes ago... I can't help it. I'm addicted to technology!!!! And work!!!! I spent a while answering photography e-mails and getting registered with mycolumbuswedding.com. I've got a LONG work day tomorrow.


No comments:
Post a Comment