~Friday~
After work I came home and felt motivated to pack and get everything ready to go to Miamisburg for the weekend. Then, Adam got home and laid on the couch, so I felt instantly drained of energy too. I made a quick, easy dinner, then we wanted ice cream. We attempted to go to our regular Friday-night hang-out, Ollie's, but they were closed!! So, we settled for Whit's Frozen Custard instead. It was still awesome!! Then, as we got home, a storm was rolling in and our power kept flickering off and on. Finally, when we had the car all loaded, the power went OUT and stayed out while we had the garage door open. So, we had to hang around a bit longer until we could close it! Finally we headed to the 'Burg and got there late in the evening.
When we arrived, we got a tour of Mom and Dad's final phase of remodeling. They finished the carpet in the living room, computer room, and my old bedroom. They also got new bedroom furniture and moved their old queen bed into my bedroom, cleaned out all the clutter from my old room, it was repainted (by me), and they got a matching bedspread. It looked like a different room! It's so comfortable now that Adam and I can fit in one bed and the dogs have room to lay on the floor!! No more air mattress for me! :)
~Saturday~
After staying up late, it was time to get up early to head to Cincy for our fourth Cincinnati Redlegs 5K run. It was supposed to rain all day, but the clouds parted and the sun came out so it was wet, bright, and muggy. I hadn't run in months so I decided to try a run/walk for the race. I did miserably awful, but faster than if I had just walked with Kelly and Maria. I ended up finishing in about 41 minutes. I kept up with the boys - Nate, Brad, Brian, and Nick for about 1/4 mile, then sputtered out! I hobbled along the rest of the way, but forgot my watch and there were no mile marker timers, so I had no idea how fast or slow I was going. After the race I grabbed a piece of free LaRosa's pizza, and caught up with Adam so we could head home to shower.
After we showered it was on to Germantown Metro Park for our annual GOO (Ghosts of Ohio) Jamboree. I never realized how cute and quaint Germantown is, and enjoyed the scenery of the drive. We got there in time for lunch, conversation, and playing with the cute kiddies. After lunch, we played three innings of boys vs. girls kickball. We almost beat those boys! Then, we packed up and went on a brief hike around the park. I wish we had more time to explore, but it was late in the afternoon and everyone had somewhere to be, including us. So, we all caravanned up to Fairborn, to visit our friend Tina at her ice cream shop, The Inside Scoop. I had some amazing Cheesecake Cookie Dough Chocolate Chip concoction. Delicious! Below is our group pic, taken from my camera set on a timer.
Since we were up in Fairborn, we headed over to my cousin Andy's graduation party next. He graduated from Carroll High School. All our family was still there, so it was nice to see everyone. I got to see Aunt Barb from Colorado, and talk to Beth and play with the kids a little bit. Sophie and Keegan had a great time climbing on the jungle gym with me and going down the slide.
Finally, after the party, we headed back to my parents' house. (They were already on their way to OSU for a graduation candlelight ceremony.) We had to pick up our dogs and pack up our stuff, and Barb, Mark, Mary, Diane, and Kelly all wanted to come over and see our dogs first. So, they all came over for a bit and Tators sure put on a show. He acted like there was nothing in the world bothering him and did all his tricks perfectly!
Can you believe, I was NOT the least bit tired at this point?? Adam was whooped! Then, we packed up and I drove us back home to Delaware, only to arrive around 11:30pm, just a little before my parents got there. They spent the night so we could all attend OSU graduation in the morning.
~Sunday~
Okay, now I realized that I, too, was whooped. I couldn't get out of bed, but we planned to be down to OSU by 11:15am or so for the 12pm graduation. When we got to the parking areas, Adam's car started making the most terrible sounds. We thought it was going to explode! We promptly parked it, not knowing if we could park there or not, and turned it off. We got to the stadium about 20 minutes before the ceremony after a decent walk in. Mom and Dad had saved us a seat.
The ceremony lasted about 2.5 long hours. At first it was hot (but nowhere near as bad as it could have been), the speakers were too echo-y and soft to hear a thing, and they spent way too long giving out PhD's and reading everyone's name! Two hours in there 200 people had their degrees... 9, 500 to go!! But, thank goodness, they sped things up for the undergrads. Trying to spot Allison getting her degree was like playing "Where's Waldo?" We used binoculars to figure out where she was, and I did catch her getting her diploma with my camera. She now has a BA in Chemistry, a BS in Molecular Genetics, and a Minor in Forensic Science!!

After the ceremony, we spent some time walking around campus to different spots for pics. We got some pics with her friends and roommates... and US!
After pics, we dreaded driving our car, but soon figured out that it only made the awful noise when the AC was turned on. So, that will be going into the shop this week! We met our family at Cheesecake Factory (or as Nan called it on the phone today, "The Cream Cheese Factory." Hehe!) They told us the wait would be 1.5 to 1.75 hours!!! We were famished at this point, all I'd eaten was a granola bar that morning! So, we went to Barnes and Noble and I got this delicious M&M cookie/brownie and a Strawberries and Creme Frappacino. About 25 minutes after we put our name in (and 10 seconds after I finished my food) we got buzzed for our table at Cheesecake!! We were happy, but upset that the woman had told us there was a 0% chance they would call us in the first 20 minutes. I had a delicious Farfalle with Chicken and Garlic - my fave! Took some home for leftovers for lunch Monday!
Then, we all came back to our house to give Allie her gifts. Adam and I gave her the gift of paying for her tuition and books for her first seminar class at Marshall and Mom and Dad are going to pay for a car while she's in grad school.
Finally, Mom wanted to give Tyson his birthday gifts a little bit early. He was fine with that! She got him a can of food, which they promptly ate, and a new toy (which Brutus stole and destroyed immediately), and treats, which was his preference anyway!
He happily wore his birthday hat and posed for pictures.
Finally, everyone left for the evening and the weekend settled down. I started working on some pictures and Adam relaxed and napped.
~Monday~
This was a typical Advising work day for me. In the morning I had just enough time to post graduation pics before work. It was slow at work, but not too slow, which is a good break from the usual! When I came home Adam had to do an online class for his job (he has 3 more classes to do this week and next). He half-paid attention to the lecture and discussion and played guitar while I sang along to Taylor Swift songs. :)
~Tuesday~
Today was my first "day off" for summer. I slept in with no alarm! Until 9:48AM... woohooo!! I had a to-do list to work on, which included writing blog posts, balancing check books, writing a newsletter article, making Facebook posts, calling my grandmothers, watching one remaining episode that I slept through on our "HIMYM" Netflix DVD, and tutoring. Tonight I made Philly cheese steaks for dinner. We spent some time outside in the cool air, enjoying. Then, we watered some of our plants and pulled weeds in the side and front beds. Adam is now on a run with Brutus, so I'm going to head out on a walk with Tyson.
I'm sure there will be plenty more to post about in the days to come!


No comments:
Post a Comment