Today is a very big milestone. Tators turns 10 years old! And, yesterday, he has survived 10 weeks after his diagnosis. It was like - I thought he'd live to be 13 or 14, then the news of his cancer made us think he'd live another few weeks. Now, 10 weeks later seems like an eternity! We are so grateful he made it this far. I really hoped and prayed that he would. And, we'll keep taking it one day at a time. Today I had a photo session with a new client in Delaware and their family. Then, I had my last tutoring session with Dustin. Right before I left to do those things, though, I noticed Tyson was licking a lot and had blood dripping from his nose. He was acting really weird - so I was worried about the poor guy! When I came home, he was recovered and ready to party! So, I have NO idea what that little bout was. But, I'm glad it's over. The boys got to put on their birthday 'dannas this morning and I hung our Happy Birthday sign. When Adam got home we took Tyson's birthday pics in the yard.

Then we let him open his gifts from us (canned hungies and two bags of Pupperonis). We took a video of the gift-opening. Then, he and Brutus split the canned hungies and we put a candle in the food and sang to him. Adam took a video and we had Tyson "blow" out his candle, but the video looks just perfect! Here is a clip of him "singing" along with us and blowing out his candle. It's my first time posting a video, so let's hope it works! It should play on Windows Media Player.
After the boys ate, we took Tators and Brutus on his birthday hike. We just went to the abandoned park area across the road from our neighborhood. It was super exciting for them, because it involved a car ride and new smells. This is how we have to load Tators into the car anymore. His posture always makes me laugh!
No comments:
Post a Comment