Monday, November 24, 2008

Back in Control...

Remember how a few months ago, I felt my whole life was spiraling out of my control? Well, I am no longer a victim of my own self and have regained control! After gaining too much weight, I have finally started moving the scale in the opposite direction little by little. After sitting like a bump on a log for months, I have started a fitness program with several friends to keep me motivated. And, I have been counting calories and keeping up with My Food Diary(http://www.myfooddiary.com/) for once and that is my biggest helper!


I read an interesting article recently in "Good Housekeeping" by my favorite monthly "diet columnist" Geneen Roth (http://www.geneenroth.com/). I love her writing style and her articles are always SO relate-able! Sometimes I laugh out loud... her excuses sound just like mine! Anyway, the article was about how sometimes we feel our life is hectic and out of control, so then our eating patterns reflect that. I feel that is so true, because I've seen mine change based on how hectic (or in control) my life has been over the last 6 months. Like I said - thank goodness - I am back in control.


I've also taken control of my financial situation. Last time I blogged about this topic I was worried about not paying off my credit card each month... I am beyond even worrying about that now because I am in MAJOR debt due to a new camera/car issues/ATV incident/college debt. So, I'm slowly working my way out of debt so I am debt free by 2010. Sounds a long way away, but it will take some planning and budgeting to get there by my deadline. I'm keeping better records of my finances.

My house is slowly getting organized, one room at a time. This weekend Adam and I cleaned our master bathroom top to bottom, including the medicine cabinets. Threw out so much old medicine and other gross objects from beyond... One room down... many more to go. I also cleaned up, organized, and tossed tons of junk from my "crafty room." That room is now under control, thank goodness. I think my next task will be the spare bedroom. It will be easy, but what I really need to do is go through the dresser drawers and toss/donate all the old clothes I haven't missed in a year and a half!

My laptop computer has reached maximum capacity, so I've been transferring documents to a new external hard drive. In the meantime, I've been organizing all of those files too. Looks much better! I've been cleaning out my emails at work and home, too.

I just feel so caught up on everything and in control right now. It's a good feeling! I hope is lasts with the holidays around the corner!

No comments: