Wednesday night after work I picked up Allie at OSU and we headed home to Dayton, arguing over David (Archuleta) vs. David (Cook) CDs the whole way home. Cookie won out of course! We got home just in time for Chumps' Trivia Night. We were joined by my aunt and uncle and his brother, both of my parents, sister, and hubby. Out of all 8 of us, we could not win a round! We had fun anyway though.
Thursday morning we were up before the sun for the Turkey Trot. It was my 14th year straight participating. This year I was strictly walking the 8K race. I was joined by my parents, and for the first time, Nate, Maria, Brian, and Kelly. The girls and I walked together just ahead of my parents and Adam and the other boys ran. It was a lot of fun! I actually felt strong for the first 4.5 miles. My training paid off!
After Turkey Trotting, we showered and headed to my Aunt Rita's and Uncle Bob's house for lunch. Pumpkin pie was delicious (thanks Mom!).
We played the new global version of Monopoly - the credit card version. I just wanted to be banker! Then I was quickly bored of it once I had swiped a few credit cards. :)
Next, it was off to my Aunt Karyn's and Uncle Todd's house for dinner. Food was again delicious, but I was more than stuffed at this point. I was very happy to see my little cousin Parker, what a cutie! I didn't think to pull out my camera, but he was so funny to hear his animal sounds and his "pleases" and "thank yous". Overall, it was a very fun day, but I was exhausted and overstuffed.Friday we kept with tradition and had creamed turkey at my Grandma's and Grandpa's house for lunch. Then we put up their Christmas tree and decorated it. After lunch, we headed off to our other tradition - craft shopping at Hara Arena. Kelly joined my family, aunts, and me. I bought a few gift items, and a bracelet and ornament for myself. After shopping, we learned of a deal that we couldn't pass up. A certain someone we knew could get us a Dyson Animal Vacuum for dirt cheap. We had been in the market to buy a new vacuum, but could not fathom paying $580 for a vacuum cleaner. As we considered buying the Dyson, the deal kept getting better and better. In the end, we scored this beauty for $167 brand new!! What a ridiculous deal!! Thanks Bri Bri!

The boys "love" it! If it weren't for Tyson, we wouldn't need a Dyson! (That rhymes!)

Kelly and I trekked all the way to Cincinnati for the vacuum (the last one in the state of Ohio it seemed). Then we met with my family again for dinner (as is tradition) at China Cottage. After dinner we met up with Adam and some friends for drinks (and chips and salsa) at Bargoes (new tradition, maybe?).
Saturday morning I tried to sleep in, passing up the Original Pancake House. I spent the day being crafty. I learned how to sew on the machine again! I was working on several projects: creating a patch to fix the hole Brutus chewed through my couch, creating two holiday dog bandannas (turned out awesome!), and creating the first Harrington Family Advent Calendar (yay!). Growing up, my sister and I always had 5-7 advent calendars that we would do throughout the month of December. My mom would put little goodies in each pouch, like quarters, chocolate, and sometimes big prizes. This year, I thought it would be special if Adam and I created our own tradition. We decided to design our own calendar and had gone to the fabric store several days ago to pick out our materials. I finished the final touches to the calendar Saturday! Here it is!
I think it turned out really cute. Our plan is to divide up the days - odd for me, even for him, and we'll put small "gifts" for each other in our days. Most gifts should not cost money, but they should be something the other person will enjoy to help celebrate the holiday season. It seems we always let it pass by too quickly and forget about one another amongst all the hustle and bustle. This will make every day special. On the 25th we'll write each other a love note about our experience over the last 24 days. Cheesy? Maybe a bit! I'll let you know how it goes!!
Saturday evening, I finally finished editing all the wedding photos. Then I went to dinner at Lone Star Steak House with Adam, Kelly, Brian, Nate, and Maria. They all went to play card games (yuck!) and I went home to relax and catch up on some reading. I'd had too many nights out this week already. I need to finish reading "Marley and Me!"Sunday was a yucky weather day. We woke up to go visit Nana in the nursing home. We took Tators with us and he was such a good boy. We stopped by to say goodbye to my grandparents and thank them for the delicious fudge and chex mix (yum!). Then we parted ways. I had a brief spur-of-the moment photo shoot with my uncle and his doggy. Then my sister and I were on our way to another photo shoot for my cousin's holiday family photos. So funny trying to get two adults, a baby, and two dogs to all sit still and smile at the same time! My little cousin Sophie is so adorable, and growing bigger!
I dropped my sister back off at OSU tonight and made it home. I've been unpacking, getting ready for Monday, watching Britney Spears' special (Britney is back, bitch!), continuing to pig out, downloading photos, and blogging. I am back to the Food Diary and fitness schedule tomorrow!
I have to admit, I'm ready to get back to my usual routine. And I'm definitely looking forward to our first day of the advent calendar tomorrow!


No comments:
Post a Comment