Sunday, November 16, 2008

Finally, a moment to post...

I've decided I'm taking a break from the weekend that's flying by a mile a minute to post to my much-neglected blog. I have to leave the house in the next 45 minutes, so I don't have enough time to start one of the major projects I'm working on, so Blogger just fit right in.

Am I the only one who feels like the year 2008 has just flown by at an incredible rate? I honestly believe my theory - that the world is rotating at a faster pace causes time to move more quickly - is true. It seems like it's ALWAYS the weekend. Not that it's a bad thing, but then it seems like the weekend is ALWAYS over too fast. I seemed to have missed last weekend, and now this one is almost over too.

Anyway, on to my update:
Last weekend was a whirlwind because it was jam-packed with events. Friday night was Flyball class where Brutus "acted a fool" as usual. Saturday I had to get up early and get out the door to meet my wedding photographer Tracy at her house in Vandalia by noon. Then we were off to Covington, KY for an all-day wedding photo shoot. The wedding wasn't until 6pm up in Cincinnati, then the reception back in Covington. Then it was back to Vandalia to get my car and then home by about 1:30am. Looonnngg day! The photos turned out great! You can check some of them out on my photo blog!

Sunday was then such a wasted day because Adam and I both felt completely BLAH and the weather was gross. I think I got nothing done.

And so it was Monday again... I had to work all day. When I got home that evening, I was working on an article and photos for our college's newspaper.

Tuesday morning I had to drive down to Kentucky for diversity training. I taught the second shift class by myself. It went surprisingly well. The students loved the class and me! So, I got to somewhat sleep in the next morning at the hotel, despite that I was teaching the class until 2am the night before.

Wednesday I drove back up from Kentucky and stopped off a the doctor's office for an annual check-up. Straight after the appointment I was off to tutor my student. Then I headed home to relax and edit tons of wedding photos.

Thursday was the typical 12-hour work day and Friday was another long day. I worked in the morning and after work met a co-worker at the park to do our race-walk training. We walked 2.5 miles. Then I headed to the Easton Mall to kill some time before meeting some friends at On The Border to celebrate Shayla's upcoming wedding. I had the most delicious Sangria-flavored Margarita (jumbo-sized) and that (and the fact that I had 4 hours of sleep the night before) did me in for the night. As soon as I got home at about 7:30pm I passed out. But, had to get right back up at 8pm to take Brutus to Flyball class. Adam felt too sick to go so I took him myself and he was very well-behaved for me.

Saturday we went on our last ghost-hunt of the year back to a haunted church. Our leader, Jim, didn't come to this, so it was a little more "laid back" you could say... :) I think we spent more time eating pizza and "taking breaks" than we did investigating. We got a little goofy and the investigation went from 5pm to 11pm... you would've thought it was 3 in the morning the way we were acting!

One of our group members had done some research on the K2 meter and we de-bunked how the Ghost Hunters seem to have it light up (communicating with a ghost) every time they investigate. Turns out it only measures man-made elecromagnetic fields, and hence when you push the button on your walkie talkie - it lights up! So, we decided we'd stage a K2 session to prank Jim when he reviewed the DVD. Adam and another guy were doing the questioning, another guy was off-screen laying under the camera with the walkie-talkie, and three of us were in the corner, cracking up in silence. The guys would ask questions and it would light up. They'd ask it to make a noise and we'd knock on the wooden door. And, as the grand finale, another member Kathy really wanted to sneak to the back of the church and have her shadow block out the light from the windows, so at the very end her shadow scoots across the back and the tape ends! This was Hollywood quality production! I guess this just proves how nerdy we are... but you had to be there. It was hilarious. Can't wait to see Jim's reaction! Maybe we'll all be fired... haha! That'll teach him not to leave the investigations up to us in the future.

Well, now today I'm off to a photo shoot in the bitter cold. At least the sun is coming out and the wind is dying down. I need to take these last few minutes to find my inspiration. Until next time!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

The livefeed gadget just let's you know the location of people checking your blog. It doesn't count how many times someone hits your site, just a listin of places. I didn't know so many people from other countries looked at my blog! lol.