Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Whole Lotta Nothin'...

...that's what happened in my life today. When work consumes the majority of the day, it's hard to feel like much else was accomplished. I do enjoy work the majority of the time, though. It was slow today, so we had good times. [Sidebar: And holy crap! Our internet is back with a vengence. It downloaded these pictures at warp speed!]
I got the exciting news today that the picture I took of my co-workers with Clawdette (see last Thursday's post) AND article I wrote to accompany it, made front page/full-size/color in the Cougar News. I also got the go-ahead from my editor for several other stories and photos I wanted to do for upcoming issues. Plus, Saturday night I will have a special photographer's press pass and locker room access to the Columbus Bluejackets! I get to take photos of sweaty, buff men in their skivvies (*huge grin*). I also found out that our Delaware Campus proposal presentation is tomorrow! I proofed the brochure I made and should review my notes for my portion of the presentation sometime tonight. I'll have to let you know how it goes! There's cash-money for the winners of the contest!
On a sadder note, today I tried to book our final excursions and found that that was no longer an option less than 10 days before the cruise (10 days today, to be exact, and the website was down yesterday). Phooey! Therefore, I'm stressed that it's not already planned upon our arrival and that I might not get to do the excursions I was really looking forward to. But I can't believe the cruise is only 10 days away. I don't know why I feel so blah about going on it... Why can't I get hyped up already??
Tonight I came home to a peaceful fire and Christmas lights (still). I just can bear to take it all down. It will be coming down in two days though, sadly.


Adam made grilled cheese upon my request again. I added my favorite tomato soup to it as well. Yummy comfort food!

I did a little bit of cardio tonight since I had consumed such a fatty dinner. I tried a new workout from my "Shape" magazine. I am so out of shape that marching in place/high knees for 30 seconds kicks my butt! Then I browsed the archives of Perez Hilton - just to make sure I was clear on which celebs were currently preggers/in jail/in rehab/releasing sex tapes/getting divorced. I think it's all clear again now. So, the night is almost over, but I feel like doing a project in my room. Hmmmm... maybe cleaning up a bit? Throwing out some junk? Going through boxes of office supplies? Balancing my checkbook? It all needs to be done!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

You should keep trying too bbok those excursions for your cruise. We ran into that when we went to Alaksa. Their site was down and we didn't get it in ontime, so I called the customer service and explained that it was SUPER important to me ( I also used a sad story ) and they booked everything for me at no extra charge. Good luck!