It was great and we did really well on our presentation... until... I, of course, tried to engage the panel a bit by asking a simple question, "What might you do to prepare for a journey or trip?" The response from the president was a glare that could melt ice and and sharp statement of "This is a presentation. We do not talk - you only talk" (make sure in your mind you are adding a goofy accent to that statement). Apparently my teammates gave her the death stare, but perky comm skills girl said, "Oh, okay, I'm sorry! Ummmm... Sandie (my teammate), what would you pack for a trip?" Quick recovery, and I'm told that it was best that I handled the situation rather than having one of my teammates punch her in the face. Anyways, everyone has got to spread the drama, so that was the talk of the office today.So, then after our presentation I had several hours to kill until I was on the clock. I went around campus taking pictures of parking lots, gyms, and more for the newspaper.


I also took my co-worker Riki's picture for an article I'm writing about her. She was chosen as staff employee of the month for the whole college. She hated every picture I took and everything to her was "Gross!" She wanted me to "doctor" up her picture, so we had a hilariously good time whitening her teeth, giving her bright pink lipstick, and adding very artificial blond highlights. I will not post that picture, because I like her too much. I think her picture turned out great!
Work was slow the rest of the day. We goofed off a lot it seems, then all the problem students laid it on my in the last 15 minutes I was there. I think we got everything resolved before I left, though. Now I'm at home and getting ready to eat out for the first (and only) time this week. It's my reward for being healthy all week. So I just have to be careful not to overdo it. My choices are Red Robin or El Vaquero.... hmmm... if this were Vicki-and-Dan-weekend, we could do both! Decisions, decisions...
--------------------------------------------------------------
And we're back! The decision ended up being El Vaquero and it was wonderful. Then we were double-bad and had Dairy Queen for dessert. We practice the agility jump with the boys in our family room and then spent the evening watching "Family Guy," "Paranormal State," and "10 Items or Less" on demand. The goal was to do some Billy Blanks on demand, but we'll see if that happens tonight.


No comments:
Post a Comment