Happy New Year! Post #1 of 2008! Hopefully, the first post of many to come! This year I plan to take more pictures and make them more accessible to people and post them in the Blogger. However, silly me, didn't take any pictures to commemorate the new year! We do have a beautiful snow on the ground tonight, so I do hope to remember that. What a perfect way to start the year!
I decided not to make "resolutions" this year because they're always broken by January 9th. Instead, my goal is to really, and truly, make 2008 an outstanding year! And, I don't mean in that way of "Sure, yeah I think last year was a good year for us." I really want to remember it as being spectacular in the way of the activities and events we get to take part in, the time we get to spend with friends and family, enjoying quality time and the playfulness of our doggies, in the growing love of Adam and my relationship and friendship, and feeling positive in everything I do - from house chores to work to hobbies. I want each day to be special, and not just routine.
I think that started off well for the first day of the year. Brian and Kelly rang in the new year with us last night and today, and we had an enjoyable day spending time together - having brunch at Cracker Barrel, playing Rock Band on XBox 360 (even I can partake in video games sometimes!), and planning our cruise. (P.S. January also means that cruise-time will be here soon!!!! Another GREAT event for kicking off 2008!) This evening Steph and Aiden also came to visit and I made a positive dog-trainer effort (based on the genius of my hero of Mr. Cesar Milan) to make sure Mr. Bru Bru wasn't afraid of Aiden this time and he did amazing! So, that made it an enjoyable visit. We exchanged gifts and watched Aiden zoom around the house. Tonight we enjoyed a new snowfall and braving the cold to see our boys enjoy a walk (for Tots) and run (for Booce).
Adam's warming up in the jacuzzi right now, but I've been excitedly planning excursions for our cruise. I think I have them all picked out now - Mayan ruins tour, coral reef and ship wreck snorkel, Haitian historical walking tour, kayak adventure, and caving and Dunn's River Falls (plus possibly a trip to the Everglades in Miami at the end). Only 18 days until departure!! Enjoy the rest of the first day of the year!
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment