Saturday, December 29, 2007

Quick Post!

Okay, I say that now... but we'll see if it's quick when I'm still typing away 30 minutes from now... I want to be quick though, because it's late and I'm a sicky-poo! I never get sick! :( But I am determined to fight off the sniffles with water, sleep, and DayQuil. It's not going to help that I have to be on my feet teaching doggy classes for 8 hours tomorrow. So, bedtime will come soon.

However, some quick updates first:
Thursday and Friday were back to normal work days for Adam and me. However, I spent a good portion of Thursday devising a plan for weight-loss in 2008. I have decided to create a "club" at work which will host a weight-loss challenge (in which the winner will win cash-money!). I made a flyer and planned an agenda and all kinds of events. So far, I have 10 participants signed up!! It went over very well! My boss said there was a huge buzz about it all morning during the staff meeting. Now I have to do a lot more planning to live up to everyone's expectations!!!

Friday night we took it easy, relaxing and enjoying the time we actually get to spend at home with the doggies. We watched a marathon of Christmas movies - Frosty the Snowman, Frosty Returns, and Santa Claus is Coming to Town. We also played some board games - Madagascar Sorry (in which I remain undefeated in the 100+ times Adam and I have played it) and Finish Lines, which I'm still not good at.

Today, the Harrington-clan came up for a visit. The goal was for Adam and his dad to set up their model train set and for me and the mama to just hang out and talk dieting. All the talk of dieting persuaded us to go to Olive Garden. We got there before 5pm and there was already a one-hour wait!!! No way! So, we walked next door to Red Lobster for a delicious meal. However, I started to doze towards the end of dinner because the Tylenol Multi-Symptom really did me in. I dozed the rest of the night - in and out of a show on the History Channel about the "Last Stand of the 300" (based on the true story behind the movie "300" and Leonitis and Sparta). It was quite interesting, since that was (admittedly) such a good movie. And then we watched the end of the football game. Okay, so a short post it is - I'm done, time to cuddle up with the August issue of "Shape" Magazine and fall asleep! Nite nite!

No comments: