Wednesday, January 2, 2008

My Photo Diary

Okay, so here is my fabulous idea for 2008... instead of vowing to post to my blog everyday (because I know that won't even last a week), I am going to vow to taking at least one photo per day to document my entire year (no matter how mundane) with pictures. Then, I can post the photos to Blogger that day or at the end of the week. PLUS, it will keep me taking pictures so I can continue to refine my skills! I will also make a special folder on my laptop to store photos from every day so I can view my diary at the end of the year. I really wish I would've taken photos yesterday, but I was just too lazy to get out 'ole Canon. Today I will start my commitment to take photos 365 days this year (it is Leap Year, you know!).

Here is Jan. 2, 2008 in review:
After a brief stint at CSCC (where I kept a positive attitude, despite our student database fluctuating in and out every 10 minutes), I met with my family at OSU... in a car... in a parking lot. It may have appeared to be a drug deal, but was in fact a chocolate chip cookie drop-off. I had made homemade cookies that I needed to get off my hands and supply Allie with for fuel for back-to-school.

After the parking lot meeting, I came home and got the idea for my photo diary. So, I started snapping shots of the boys, posing cute and innocent.




Then, we headed out for a walk in the snow, before nightfall hit. I wanted to capture some snow pictures, and the boys were more than happy to perform with a wrestling showdown.

I also captured our biggest bush "Big Bubba" with the powdery snow. Ahhh... perfect snow for skiing. If only we didn't have darn jobs to work at tomorrow...



Dinner tonight was definitely not photo-worthy, haha! And laying around in pj's catching up on magazines will probably not be either. That will be the extent of the rest of Jan. 2, 2008. Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Way to read my mind and steal the idea for taking 365 photos this year - I hadn't even posted about it yet! LOL. I guess we can cheer each other on now, good job on day #1! :) Are you going to pick "one word" for this year? Mandy got a blogger now - I brought her to the other side - at mandypinwheels.blogspot.com.

See you soon!

Mandy said...

I am still learning this whole blogger side. Vicki is trying to help me with a template because I am not as crafty as she is. ha-ha. I love the idea of 365 photo journal. Maybe one day I will get a fancy camera and do the same.

I am getting nervous and excited all in one about the wedding.