Care Bear PJ Pants - $10
12 degree weather - FREE
Sheri burying TV dinners in snow in the backyard at 9am - PRICELESS!
'Twas the sight you would've seen this morning if you lived in our neighborhood. Isn't this photo of our house (taken this morning) deceiving? So peaceful on the outside, but so chaotic on the inside!

Anyways, last night when we went to get ice cream for a snack, we noticed it was quite soupy. We thought maybe we had overloaded the freezer with all our new groceries and/or I accidently didn't close the freezer door tight after taking out dinner. So, we cranked it up and gave it a few hours... it "seemed" to be getting colder. I checked it again this morning when I woke up and the waffles were soggy and everything had expanded and soggified. Then, when I drank my juice from the fridge, it tasted luke warm. Big PROBLEM!! I called a repair man to meet with Adam after work, in the meantime I had to save our $200 worth of groceries! Thank goodness it was only 12-degrees outside, so I bagged up all the freezer items and buried them in our backyard. Then I put the fridge items in coolers with the remaining ice and blue ice and put them in the garage. In conclusion, after several unsolicited repairman stories of cocaine & prescription drug addiction, child abuse, immense debt, divorce tips, getting-fat advice, burning down police stations, and our $200 was paid - the fridge is fixed!! Here is Adam posing with our favorite fridge buddy and the bill.
If that wasn't enough, while I'm running way-late for work this morning (and not having time to shower) Brutus marches in the house, leaps on the bed, and leaves a blood splatter! I check him over... nothing. I go back to putting on makeup, he's standing in the doorway with more blood on the bed and all over the carpet. I end up chasing him around the house to check him, but I end up finding nothing - it's a mystery!Finally, it was off to work. Today, Clawdette, our school mascot, visited our office to bring joy for Winter Quarter Registration - and chocolate! No one would pose for us! Yet these photos will still appear in the school newspaper next week - yipee!

These are two of our student workers Sandy and Juanita, LaKenya (office associate), Ben (my former *tear* boss), and Joe (interim boss).
Tonight we enjoyed an overly cheesy episode of Full House, a deluxe pizza, and a roaring fire. That's all for tonight - my head is throbbing from all of the excitement today!


No comments:
Post a Comment