Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Snow Day!! :)

It's my first snow day in a while! At this point in my life, snow days are more of a pain in the butt than exciting. It took me an hour and a half to get home from work! Furthermore, it took me a half an hour to get out of the parking lot and onto the road because EVERYONE purposely blocked the intersection (keep in mind this 30 minutes would normally take 30 seconds). The school was clearly closed tonight.

So, on Saturday, Adam and I went to Dave and Busters. It was crowded for the first time ever. So, like it was a chore, we burned up our tokens on the games and left. We stopped for lunch at TGIFridays. I'm liking their new menu options. We tried the Fried Mac & Cheese - yum! And I had their French Onion Soup and wonderful Strawberry Milkshake. Can't you tell I'm trying to be healthy? Then we decided to stop at Target to exchange an item, buy my cousin's baby gifts, and buy some more fitness stuff. I bought a yoga mat, brick, band, and DVD, and a balance/fitness ball and DVD. I've done the balance ball twice. I'm not sure how it's really considered exercise though. You hardly move! Oh well, it counts as exercise! Then we went to Hobby Lobby and bought lots of cute new Valentine's Day decorations. So cheap too! I love it! That night we watched Barnyard (animated movie). It was really cute, but sad! I cried barely 20 minutes into it.

Sunday was kind of a lazy day. Stephanie stopped by to bring more gifts! She got me a set of new Bath and Body works lotions and perfume, three Bath and Body Works' lip glosses, a doggy book, and a Little Black Book of Cocktail Recipes. I love all the smell-good stuff and good reads! I've decided that reading is my new hobby. Now that I have four magazine subscriptions and a stash of self-improvement books, I will be doing a lot of reading. It's enjoyable, I make time to read a few pages of something everyday and it helps me to unwind!

Anyways, last night we had Bruty's doggy class. One more left and we never have to go back to that torturous place!! Tonight, I need to put together a study guide for my students and then relax! Hopefully no work early in the morning....!!

No comments: