Saturday, February 3, 2007

My Birthday Week!

This was such a fun week that I don't want it to end, because next week will be long and uneventful! Tuesday night I taught in Dayton and so I saw my mom the morning of my birthday on Wednesday. They had cupcakes and sang to me on Tuesday night. She sent a present home with me to open Wednesday night. I drove into work Wednesday and found these at my door:Adam had them delivered and there were actually 13 roses!! They are really pretty and opening up now. That made my day all the brighter. I didn't get in until 11am and at 3pm it was time to head out for the foot doctor to check on my warts! (Too much info, I know.) That was fun since it only took 10 minutes and then I headed home for the day! Adam was already home when I got there at about 4pm - yay! He was ready for me to open all my gifts - and I do mean ALL.... there were a ton!! Besides the roses, Adam got me 3 tickets to see the Goo Goo Dolls (my favorite band growing up), Fergie, Gwen Stefani, and Danity Kane CDs, Disney's Robin Hood DVD (a favorite movie growing up), a dog breed encyclopedia, a circus tricks for your dog book, Bootcamp Workout DVD, two years subscription to Shape Magazine, a Mr. Winkle (the special needs dog) calendar, and a $25 gift card to Barnes and Noble for more doggy books! I think I'm loved. :)

Then, I opened the gift from my parents (kind of knowing what it is since my dad tried to ruin the surprise the night before). It was our wedding DVD - FINALLY!!! We ended up spending most of the evening watching it. It was so great to re-live that day - the best day ever! It put both Adam and I in good spirits and made us forget about work for a few minutes. Then we ran to the mall to get my jewelry cleaned (I realized it had been 6 months to the day that I had last got it cleaned and the warranty would expire). At the mall Adam let me get Marble Slap Creamery before dinner. :) Then we went to Olive Garden for dinner, of course. We split the usual Chicken Alfredo Pizza, and I had a Sangria. They sang to me and I got a little chocolate cake - so yummy! Then we came home and went to bed reasonably early.

Thursday was our 4 year anniversary of being together. I got Adam a card and a subscription to Guitar World and a promise to take him to Dave and Buster's. Adam got me the best gift ever. I will explain it with the picture below. When Adam proposed, he made a bandanna for Tyson that said, "Will you marry the Adam?" and had question marks and a ring on it. (Actually, I think the picture might be posted in my blog from a few days ago.) Anyways, when I was decorating for Christmas, I was cleaning out our bay window and found this tye-dyed looking rag in the window. Oh my gosh - it was the bandanna that had gotten wet and faded from the moisture by the window!!!! I was devastated because it was ruined and I cried and cried. So, for our anniversary, Adam wanted to make a more permanent bandanna for me. Below is what came out of it. He bought felt, fabric, and string to hand-sew a pillow for me that says, "Will you marry me?" and has a ring and a question mark on it. Keep in mind the man has no clue how to sew or had any idea what he was doing, but it looks SO awesome! He worked 3 half-days at work and came home early this week to spend hours working on it. I think it's the sweetest and most romantic thing he could have done! He's so creative. He's embarrassed by it, but I LOVE it. See below:

I just couldn't even imagine having the patience to finish making this! It took forever! I know he really loves me! We spent the rest of the evening cooking dinner and giving Bruty a bath. He hated it. Then I cleaned the house a bit for my parents' visit.
Last night, my family came to town. Allison has a scholarship contest and tour at OSU today (I think that's where she's going to college), so they stayed the night. We first went to dinner at Vaquero's Mexican Restaurant. Again, I enjoyed the Sangria and some cheese dip. Then we came back and I opened a ton more gifts! Allison got me Family Guy pens, a Family Guy Marker Board, and my favorite - Grow Your Own Boss!! I need a new one of those! I will be taking that to work and setting it on my desk! Mom and Dad got me a ton of stuff that I wanted from the Lakeside Collection catalogue. If you've never perused their catalogue, it is a must! They have the cutest stuff ever, and so affordable and high quality!! Anyways, they got me a wooden paper plate holder with apples on it, apple magnets, a doggy that holds a holiday welcome sign and wears a matching holiday hat (the hats would also conveniently fit Bruty), a subscription renewal to Good Housekeeping, decorative wall hangings for Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, and Fourth of July. Toilet accessories for St. Patrick's Day, Easter, and Fourth of July. These are hilarious! The cover the back of the toilet, the toilet seat, and the floor mat around the toilet, for example, in the shape of an Easter Bunny. You'll have to see if you see them on the catalogue's website, a cute sweater that was a BIT too short (above my belly button), and "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff at Work." I hope I didn't forget anything! It was all great, and she brought us Taste of Elegance cupcakes. Dad's birthday was also on Thursday, so we celebrated both.

Then we played Nintendo Wii so I could show my sister up. We were even on tennis, then we tied in bowling, and finally, but I beat her in boxing to end the night. We even got Dad to play bowling. The doggies were so excited about their G'ma, G'pa, Allies coming up. Here are some pictures of them getting ready to party!

And here is the "Month-day" boy! Bruty is 5 months old today! He is getting ready to lose his big pointy teeth and he's 36 pounds!
Well, Adam just came up and requested that he get to use his anniversary gift (D & B's) so that means I need to get dressed and shower so we can go have fun. That's my week in review!









No comments: