It has been well over two years since I last updated my personal blog. And, it's not that nothing has happened since then, because a TON has happened. It's so fun for me to go back and read what was going on in my life 3-4 years ago, and how far we've come since then. I'm considering keeping this up to date again, not so much because I care if anyone reads it, but because I like going back and reading about my life. I don't keep a written journal, so as long as Blogger doesn't go out of business, this should keep my notes for an infinite amount of time. In addition, since I don't live very close to family anymore, this is a good way for them to keep up with what we've been doing. It seems Facebook has become the new source of communication in the last year or two, so I think that's why I have strayed away from Blogger. So, here goes - I'm going to just re-cap my week as if it hasn't been two years since you last heard from me.
This week kicked off one of my most super-busy-gotta-stay-on-top-of-it weeks to prepare for a crazy-busy weekend. This past weekend was pretty busy as well, but we had such a great time. On Friday Adam got the opportunity to make his acting debut in Josh Radnor's (of "How I Met Your Mother") movie "Liberal Arts." Turns out "Ted Mosby" is a fictional character, and Josh isn't quite as sweet and charming. He did not like Adam's selection of a book to read for the scene and got on him about it! Geez! You'd think they'd have a little more patience and respect for someone who's never acted and is doing it for FREE! Well, at least now he has an exciting story to tell about it.
After his acting debut, we met up with our friend Jeff (from Blue Ash) at his hotel in town. He was here for the Midwest Haunters Convention, and we picked him up and dropped off his stuff at the convention center. We walked around forever (I, in heels, and FAMISHED) and finally caught a cab to Tip Top restaurant. I had the MOST AMAZING corn chowder ever, eggplant fries, and a BBQ roast sandwich. A few beverages were enjoyed as well. We had a great time talking and then walked back across town to our car. What a busy day, and we still had Saturday and Sunday!!
On Saturday, I worked at CSCC in the morning, then headed home for a nap (*exhausted*). Then we went to an outdoor wedding reception for Adam's co-worker, James and his new wife Megan. The food was great, I met some new people, we played cornhole, and then as the afternoon turned to evening, a ridiculous storm rolled in and out of nowhere, about 40-mile an hour winds gushed through, sending everything flying! The giant tent almost went airborne. It was scary. We came home and relaxed for the evening.
Sunday we began by doing some yard work, then suddenly I felt the need to go to Kohl's to buy a sundress (for graduation and summer weddings) and some tank tops. $340 later, I had about 4 dresses, 3 tank-tops, 2 sweaters, a pair of sandals, a watch, and jewelry to match. I only got to look at half of the misses department, too! I just had to leave!!! Sunday evening we had our Ghosts of Ohio meeting, and afterwards, I interviewed Jim for this month's newsletter.
Then, before we knew it, it was back to the work week. Monday was a regular Advising day, Tuesday I had to give my Speech Final Exam, grade them, submit grades, tutor Dustin, then go to Taylor Swift's concert at Nationwide Arena. It was AWESOME! She is the best!! She played for two hours and her sets were so elaborate. There was dancing and acting on stage. And, in the end, she floated around the crowd in a little basket. I have to download the pics and videos to see if any turned out. Tuesday also marked 9 weeks after Tators' diagnosis of lymphoma. All my research indicated that they will survive about 4-6 weeks after diagnosis without chemotherapy. The vet told us 60 days, max. He has already survived much longer and better than we could have ever hoped for. We hope to keep him around a bit longer, though he is really tired and slowing down now. His birthday is in 5 days, so we're really looking forward to that!
On Wednesday, I had to collect my Freshman Seminar class' projects, then tutor Dustin. I stopped to pick up some pain meds for Tators (I thought it couldn't hurt) and more dog food. It seems like I buy a bag of this new(er) food once every week or two. He initially lost weight when he was sick, but now he's gained it all back and then some! I think that's a good sign. Adam had to work late on Wednesday, so I graded lots of projects and went to the grocery.
Thursday, I worked my normal Advising schedule. I also finished my grading and have all my grades submitted now. We bathed the dogs (much to Tyson's dismay), and got the house pretty well cleaned up. I have been doing chores and tasks all week in every spare moment to get ready for this weekend.
Today, I'm working until 4:30pm. It's UNBELIEVABLY quiet and slow. I have every single thing caught up. In fact, my e-mail box is down to 2 e-mails, one which is a reminder to buy Goo Goo Dolls tickets! My cabinets are clean, my student contact folder is cleaned, and my computer desktop is super organized. So, that is why I'm working on this post now. Tonight, when I get off work, Adam will mow and I will vacuum and pack. Then, we're heading to the 'Burg. My aunt Barb is coming to town from Colorado - yay!
Saturday morning we plan to do the Redlegs 5K Race in Cincy. It will be our fourth year doing it! Then we have our Ghosts of Ohio Jamboree in Germantown that afternoon. Finally, my cousin Andy's high school graduation party is Saturday evening in Fairborn. Then, we will be driving back to Miamisburg to get the dogs and go back to Delaware because my parents will be coming because Allie's OSU graduation is in the morning in Columbus! It will be a super busy, fun weekend! I hope the weather gets better, although we need this rain. It can rain until 4:30pm today, then it must stop!
Well, until I post again... hopefully it won't be two years from now!
Friday, June 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment