Wednesday was Adam's 29th birthday. I spent the morning before work cleaning the house and wrapping his gifts. By the time he was home from work, we were ready to celebrate. I had set the mood with Christmas music, candles, and all the holiday lights. I gave him all of his gifts first which included a DVD, CD, running shirt, Reds book, guitar calendar, Bengals ornament, and Bengals work gloves, among other things.
After gifts we headed out to Applebee's for dinner. And for dessert, of course we got the Maple Butter Blondie. And, my mission this weekend is to re-create the Blondie for my family. We'll see how that goes. I got a hold of the "secret" recipe. I'll also be making Kate's delicious breakfast casserole for the first time. Yum! And, I'll be making caramel puff corn for family and the neighbors. I've got a lot of baking to do.
After dinner, we had just enough time to go to Alum Creek's Fantasy of Lights. We enjoyed the light structures that I'm sure I blogged about last year - Santa giving a reindeer a shot up the butt while a "naughty" female reindeer nurse checks his heartbeat... or maybe the bungee jumping reindeer that splats into the ground. Very classic... It is quite enjoyable.
We spent some time driving around the fancy neighborhoods nearby, looking at lights... picking out our future homes. :) Then we headed home. I stayed up late working on an order for a client and Adam did what he looked forward to most - playing guitar and video games.
So was our night... tonight, it's clean up time. We have company coming up this weekend again. Right now I'm taking a break while Adam hangs our new goodies from the Lakeside Collection catalog. I got two vintage signs for our bedroom. One image is made of cloth (in a wooden frame) and says, "Kindness matters." The other is all wooden and says, "Grow old with me, the best is yet to be." I also have a "Live, Laugh, Love" frame that I FINALLY printed pictures for. Now our bedroom is more country and cozy than before. Okay, back to work for me now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment