In other dog news, I got the Halloween costumes for this year. Not as good as most years, but adorable, nonetheless. Pictures to come in October....
I worked my last day at PetSmart last night. I thought I should be sad for a minute, but the fact that only ONE manager even acknowledged that it was my last day and went as far as to wish me luck - heaven forbid! - told me that I was DEFINITELY, WITHOUT A DOUBT, making the right decision to leave. Now, I have been focusing on getting my Freshman Seminar plans together. I'm so excited about that class. It's going to be a blast. I've been able to put all my teaching and facilitating experiences together to create an ultra-mega cool class. I love it!
I got to go to my first OSU game, which they BARELY won. Looks like we're in for a disappointing season. I saw Steph's "new" (lived there a year) place for the first time since she'd fixed it up. I ended up staying late and sleeping at my parents' house that weekend.
I met with Tyson's vet to get his "itchies" taken care of - nothing a little Prednisone couldn't fix. I ended up coming c.l.o.s.e. to catching a virus that had been circulating the office. However, my will and immune system are too much for a cold to handle, so I just relaxed one evening and recovered in less than 12 hours.
Adam and I went on a ghost hunt recently at a not-so-haunted train museum. It was a really cool museum though, located in po-dunk Ohio. Here's a sneak peek at our night:

I survived an Ohio hurricane... and better yet - so did our house! As a result, we decided now was the time for some privacy foliage. Our trashy neighbors have decided that they will NEVER pick up their strewn furniture and garbage. They wish to always remember the 2008 Ohio Hurricane. Therefore, tonight we dropped a fat amount of cash on trees and bushes at Oakland Nursery. I am OBSESSED with the place. We picked out a Little Leaf Linden tree (love their perfect tear-drop shape), a Colorado Blue Spruce (think Christmas tree), White Pine (love their super long, soft needles), and Amur Maple tree. In terms of bushes, I got my favorites: Smokebush, Serviceberry (which you can eat), Sandcherry, Eulalia grass, and some form of Maiden Grass. Still to purchase - my tri-color beech (too expensive for a twig tree), and Neon Flash Spirea - although I'm kind of over those already. One day later they weren't nearly as vibrant. I also want a Pink Diamond Hydrangea tree - how cute is THIS? The hubby said we needed to plant all this other stuff first. We decided to save oodles of money by designing and planting everything ourselves. We'll see how that goes.... I'll post photos when it's done!And, in other trashy neighborhood news, we found out what lovely stores will be opening in the newest shopping center, located less than a tenth of a mile from our neighborhood. You all remember the great stores of the early 1990s... Maurices, Famous Footwear, The Dollar Tree, Sally's Beauty Supply, Office Max, Check-Into-Cash, AAA, Saturdays Hair Salon, Tan & Wash, all those stores that scream "abandoned shopping center in two years." And rumors of Payless, Radio Shack, and TJ Maxx are flying everywhere. Yep- they're coming! I guess I was really jaded hoping we'd get a Bath and Body Works, Victoria's Secret, Mexican/Chinese restaurant, TGIFridays, or First Watch. No such luck!
In better news, I was given a great opportunity to assist/shoot several wedding shoots with a pro. Now, if only my calendar will coincide with hers... I also have my own wedding shoot in the works, as well as a few other opportunities. My business cards have arrived and are fabulous, so tell everyone you know about Harrington Photography!
I've been so busy this week getting ready for our mini-vacay this weekend. There is Cedar Point, water, beaches, camping, relaxing, eating, and photo-taking in store for us! I can't wait for that. It's WAAAYYY past bedtime now...


1 comment:
The company is going to pay for the window. They were supposed to come Tuesday and fix it but with the storm they couldn't make it, so we are hoping for today!!!
Post a Comment