I have become obsessive over a lot lately. Like Mr. Bru Bru is with his frisbee, I am with everything that exists. I have so much I want to do and so little (or no) time! The week has flown by once again, and here I am with an update.
In the afternoon, we had a staff meeting and the day was over. Not too bad... When I got home from work, I worked on editing Kia's photos all night since Adam was working late. Tyson spotted our feathered neighborhood friends hanging out in our front yard. Talk about having all your ducks in a row!! We have named our friends - Fergie, Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cottontail. And, yes, I can tell them apart. I also downloaded a bunch of Idol i-tunes because I'm an addict. Later that night, Adam brought us Steak n Shake for dinner - yum!
I took Tyson on a walk while Adam ran with Brutus. Then I mowed the yard while Adam grilled some cheesy beef hotdogs. By the time we were done with lunch and getting ready, we had to head to my cousin Andy's 15th birthday party. It was great to see all the extended family again. The weather turned out to be nice, even though it was cool. The food was great! I got a new homemade macaroni and cheese recipe (that Adam loved!) from my aunt. I also had fun doing mock photo shoots with my We stayed late chatting and then brought Allie back to OSU on our way home.


Sunday was an early morning for Adam and me. He ran in the Fisher College of Business OSU race. He came in 38th out of about 382 people!! He had a 6:58 mile pace. Wow! I could never run that fast, and never will. I worked ALL day from 10am to 8:30pm. After work, we had a trainer meeting at Polaris. That was good to connect with the few other intelligent people that work for PetSmart. I came home and finished my homework assignment for class. We had to create an advertisement. Mine is for the Columbus Destroyers. Kind of cheesy, but it was an attempt!
I stayed up until midnight to register for my Photography Business course (ahh... it reminded me of the days at WSU... the webpage errors and busy phone lines). I finally got through around 12:30am and I'm in the class for Summer Quarter!
Last Thursday finally settled back down to a normal day, thank heavens! On Friday, it was back to a busy day. We had our college in-service day, where we got to eat and sit around all day (and get paid). I'm loving that! I got up bright and early to be there for the breakfast buffet at 8am. It wasn't as good as expected, but hey - it was free breakfast. Who am I to complain? We had an assembly and service awards ceremony in the morning... yawn. I took some pictures of the President speaking (hopefully to appear in this week's newspaper) and some of our co-workers getting awards.
After the assembly was a wellness fair. I got lots of free goodies (pens, toothbrushes, notepads, etc.) and had a free physical exam/cholesterol check. Yeah... not so good right after a breakfast buffet and two trips to the chocolate fountain. Then it was time for more food at lunch. After lunch there were two break-out sessions. I went to a funny, inappropriate sketch comedy put on by the Social and Behavioral Science department. Then I went to a home repair seminar. In between sessions, my co-worker, Kia and I played around with my camera. She pretended she was on America's Next Top Model and posed for some portraits. I'm really happy with the way these turned out, and so is she!
In the afternoon, we had a staff meeting and the day was over. Not too bad... When I got home from work, I worked on editing Kia's photos all night since Adam was working late. Tyson spotted our feathered neighborhood friends hanging out in our front yard. Talk about having all your ducks in a row!! We have named our friends - Fergie, Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cottontail. And, yes, I can tell them apart. I also downloaded a bunch of Idol i-tunes because I'm an addict. Later that night, Adam brought us Steak n Shake for dinner - yum!Saturday morning, we tried to sleep in a little bit. We were hoping our deck guy would show up, but no such luck! Still waiting... our backyard is a disaster construction site right now, with far too much advertising from Davis Builders.


Sunday was an early morning for Adam and me. He ran in the Fisher College of Business OSU race. He came in 38th out of about 382 people!! He had a 6:58 mile pace. Wow! I could never run that fast, and never will. I worked ALL day from 10am to 8:30pm. After work, we had a trainer meeting at Polaris. That was good to connect with the few other intelligent people that work for PetSmart. I came home and finished my homework assignment for class. We had to create an advertisement. Mine is for the Columbus Destroyers. Kind of cheesy, but it was an attempt!
I stayed up until midnight to register for my Photography Business course (ahh... it reminded me of the days at WSU... the webpage errors and busy phone lines). I finally got through around 12:30am and I'm in the class for Summer Quarter!Today I took the dogs on a short walk in the morning. Still no sign of deck guy... We had a bomb threat targeted to our campus from last night for 12:35pm today, so I was a little worried going into work this morning. The newspaper wanted me to get some shots of the action. I found a police car in front of the targeted building (go me!). So this should also appear this week in our "big" 100th issue of Cougar News.
Other than that, I'm looking at another busy (but hopefully exciting) week. We have our first ghost-investigation on Tuesday night - the Lincoln Ghost Train in Urbana. American Idol should be superb this week. The doggies are getting their teeth cleaned - yay for fresh breath! We have our Cougar News 100th issue party. And, the most exciting news, is that I have a photo shoot with my first real, REAL client!! I mean real, as in, they were referred to me and I have never met them (they're from St. Louis). I'll be shooting the University of Dayton graduation. I'm very excited about it, and the photos will turn out great I'm sure!
And that, folks, is my week in review. TTFN!


1 comment:
Mario kart is awesome. I used to play in on Super Nintendo, so I guess I am partial too it. But if you like to battle against people it really is fun. We figured out how to play people online the other night. Neat to play friends. Did you have a ghost hunt the other night? You will have to come to Waynesville around October and take the "not so dearly detarted" tour. It's really neat!
Post a Comment