Saturday, April 5, 2008

Blue

What is blue? So many things are blue, I just can't find the right thing that's blue! My class project this week is to photograph something blue (and be creative about it). Here were my failed attempts:

  • Brutus catching a blue frisbee
  • Tyson in a blue bandanna
  • Reflections on the hood of my blue car
  • Blue can of spray against a blue wall
  • Adam's blue eyes
  • My own blue eyes in a self-portrait

Of those failed attempts, here is my numero uno choice:

How can you not love this guy? He will do anything when a camera's on him. He thought he was so snazzy posing with the frisbees. He was happy Brutus wasn't getting all the frisbee attention for once!

Here's my crazy other guy.

In other news, I'm spending my Saturday working on photos, as usual, and cleaning some clutter. Why am I such a pack-rat? I'm trying to convince Adam to make some progress on my website, but I think he's trying to nap now. Should we go to the Columbus Clippers' baseball game? I'm not sure yet... Tired, but bummed that I'm not taking better advantage of the warm weather. Maybe we can get the boys out for a walk at the park.

This week has been busy. I traveled to Kentucky for diversity training on Thursday and Friday. I picked up the hours I missed at CSCC on Wednesday and today. Tomorrow is a full day at PetSmart, and it's back to the same-old-same-old for another week. Thursday night I visited Vicki and Dan in their new house. That was fun to have something to do while I was down there. Dinner at Cheddars - always tasty!

I made some experimental new recipes this week. Last night when I got home from my travels, I made our old throw-back of Italian Sausage and Red Potatoes. We watched the Reds' game, Ghost Hunters, and part of Destination Truth on DVR before falling asleep on the couch.


--------------------------------------------------

Update: We did end up hiking at Delaware State Park with the doggies. Got some nice shots there and en route home.

After our muddy hike...

An old abandoned house and barn off the highway.

Sunset on the drive home...

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Your blog is blue! ;) It looks like you PS'd the frisbee on Tyson's head. All of your blue pictures are good, and the others ones too (I like the sunset in the mirror). Did you figure out how to change your focus point?

As soon as I hung up the phone today, Merry yelled "mama" from the hallway. You missed it. I need to record it somehow before people think I've fallen off my rocker. She won't meow when company is here.

At Target's dollar spot tonight I picked up a few little gardening tools. I think I'm ready for our planting adventure now... ;)