Thursday, February 7, 2008

Wow, so far behind on Blogger!

If my internet will start working again on my laptop, then I should be able to get everything caught up once and for all tonight! I have been so busy after returning from our trip and my birthday - writing thank yous, editing photos, printing photos, arranging photos, and working on my new website... that I haven't found much time to work on my Blog. Here are the updates for the week.

Monday - This was a typical CSCC work day. After work, I had to work on my panorma homework project. I decided to head to the top of our parking garage to snap a photo of the Columbus skyline. The results were wonderful, in my opinion! Once I got home, Adam made dinner. I spent the evening editing my photos and working on the website.



Tuesday - I had the day off to get caught up on stuff. I did laundry and a lot of cleaning around the house. Then, I had my photography class. I shared my photos today. The instructor and class really like my panorama, and they thought the other photos were good too. I talked to several classmates as well. One (who has crazy-awesome Photoshop skills) is interested in working for the Cougar News. He's way above and beyond that level, but maybe I can use him as a resource to learn more Photoshop. He also does wedding photograpy, etc., so I'm seeing possibilities...


Tonight, we watched "American Idol" and "House." Then, it was time to work on photos and the website some more. Before bed, I started a new book "The Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold and had a photo shoot of the doggies (and other random household objects).

Wednesday - Today was an early morning at PetSmart. The most exciting part was that finally the training room was finshed with construction. I held my class in our new classroom. Woohoo! It didn't matter too much since this class only has one dog in it anyways. After work, I was on my way to tutor. I got there and saw 6 missed calls from them. Dustin had thought he broke/sprained his wrist playing football, so they were on their way to the doctor's. That's fine! That would give me time to go home and relax until agility class (and pick up some Wendy's for lunch).

I spent some time on the computer checking emails and trying to register for my next photo class (oh no! it was already full after two days of registration!). :( I have emailed an advisor for help, but he has not responded. I MUST get into that class! I also lined up my next diversity training for April and squared away details for the training next week.
At agility class today, both doggies had their best day yet, again! Tyson ran more than a full course for the first time. He ran 17 obstacles in a row with NO errors! We weren't speed demons or anything, but it was a clean run. Brutus ran 4 obstacles in a row (multiple times)! His new record! He was jumping all over the place, and even jumped the pinwheel set-up and the tire. He loves agility now that he's not afraid of it anymore.

Adam was home when we got home. He took a short nap while I caught up on some magazine reading. I made lasagna for dinner. My sweetie husband then volunteered to get us Dairy Queen for dessert. We watched "American Idol." I can't wait for the show next week. I need to hear some good singing. Then we watched "Ghost Hunters International" and "UFO Hunters." We made a nice bubbly bath to keep warm in while we caught up on some reading.

Thursday - What a bizarre day at work! I've not been busy at all, but we've had some interesting students today, to say the least. When I got home from work, there was a special on the Travel Channel about our ship. That motivated me to get the remaining cruise photos printed and in my album. I also wrote my thank-yous and updated my Blog. Check, check, check!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Don't feel bad about trying to catch up the blog. I have been home almost a week and am only on the rehearsal day recap! ha-ha. I'm like you and took WAY too many vacation photos. I placed my order and had over 800...yikes! I think we have the same camera though, from what Vicki said.

Vicki said...

Thanks for driving down early and hanging out on Wednesday - it was a lot of fun. We're glad you got an exclusive backstage pass to see the house, too, lol! Hope you enjoyed your hotel and training. And let me know what you think of Lovely Bones as you get further into it. ;)

Tata!