Thursday, February 14, 2008

Me, Me, Me!

Ahhh... finally, I've reached a state of relaxation, doing nothing, and me-time. It's sad, though, that I'm doing this all on Valentine's Day. I make myself sad thinking about how pathetic I must be (if I were an outsider looking in). I planned on going to dinner by myself tonight, not that I would mind it at all, but I was afraid of making other people sad looking at me eating all alone on Valentine's. But, I don't feel sad in the moment. I am quite enjoying it, in fact. Don't get me wrong... I truly do wish I could spend V-Day with my hubby, but I'm just trying to pretend that it's any other ordinary day. We celebrated our Valentine's on Tuesday. Maybe this only makes sense to me right now because I'm lacking sleep. Here's a re-cap of my week:

Friday - Friday I woke up to more snow. Ahhh... nothing quite as peaceful as new-fallen snow and wild doggies running around like heathens. In the morning I had a brief tutoring session. Then I met Shayla for lunch. We had a delicious, endless soup and salad at Applebee's. She was putting off work and I had nothing better to do, so we ended up going shopping. I was on a mission for some home decor. I found tons of floral (several seasonal strands to go on top of my kitchen cupboards), a clearanced (95% off!!) Christmas greenery and wreath, a vintage laundry sign, and a piece of bathroom art. We shopped til we dropped.

Then I headed home to meet Adam. That evening, Mr. H came for a belated birthday visit. He brought me the most delicious ice cream cake from Dairy Queen! (I had 3 pieces... don't tell!) And he got me the cutest gift (it made the dogs jealous) - a black bear foot rest. The dogs literally thought it was another dog. Brutus was sniffing and biting its butt and Tyson tried to cuddle with it. Sometimes I do think it's Brutus when I see it out of the corner of my eye. It looks quite real. It was a fun night.

Saturday - I had to work in the morning. When I came home, Adam and his dad were taking some yard measurements. Apparently, we'll be landscaping soon. I downloaded and edited some photos, and printed and burned some photos to a CD for Mr. H to take home. Adam and I worked on the website some more. For dinner I convinced him to take me to El Vaquero. I needed my Mexican fix. Afterwards, we stopped at Walmart for a new bathroom clock and some office supplies and light bulbs. Here's my cute money bag (birthday gift from parents)!

Sunday - I worked all day. And, it's pretty much a day I'd like to forget. I did enjoy Alicia Keys and John Mayer at the Grammy's. No photos today, kids. Bad me!

Monday - Today was a typical work day. Nothing exciting happened. We watched TV for the remainder of the night (which was short for me). Oops! Forgot the photos AGAIN!

Tuesday - Wow, my life is just getting more and more uneventful as the days go on. It depresses me to even write about how I do nothing. Well, it snowed overnight, so I got up early to get some photos of the snow (plus I hadn't done my homework due today!). I got some nice shots right in my own neighborhood. I edited the photos and it was time for the treacherous drive to tutoring. I shouldn't have bothered, because my class was cancelled. So, I ended up driving back home after only an hour of tutoring. I felt instantly motivated when I got home. I cleaned the countertops until they were clutter-free. I organized the pantry, cleaned the dog dishes, picked up the kitchen and family room, made the bed, and did laundry.

When Adam got home, he was very eager to celebrate our Valentine's Day. He wanted to give me my cute card and my gift. I am so excited for.... "Snow Buddies" the movie!! I can't wait to watch the cute golden puppies when I get home again. :) I only got him a card, but I put some time into it.

Here is the outside of my card. It says, "We can't stop daydreaming about the greatest guy in the world...":

The inside says, "One of us just has a warped idea of who that is!" with this picture:

The funny thing is, Adam had the same concept for a card in his head, too. He completely got the humor... maybe others wouldn't understand, but we do. Anyways, we decided it wouldn't be Valentine's without dinner out. So, we had a delicious meal at Olive Garden, then rushed home for American Idol and Boston Legal.

Wednesday - Today was a series of highs and lows. I first was called by job # 1 - work is closed because of a power failure - yes! Then I was called by job # 2 - enough to ruin my day. Finally, I was called by job # 3 - new student that needs study skills tutoring... perfect timing. Due to call # 1, I called Vicki to make plans for tonight. I headed off to Kentucky. However, due to call # 2, I was late leaving and getting there. I did finally make it, and "Nana-nana-boo-boo! I got to see their new house before anyone else!!" After the grande tour, we ate at probably my new favorite restaurant "Cheddars." I think when I convince Adam to come with me on my next Kentucky training in April I will convince Vicki and Dan to join us for dinner there again. But, that will involve a lot of convincing...

After Cheddars, Vicki and Dan invited me to watch Idol (and Ghosthunters, sort of...) at their house. I decided to head over and we played with cameras, websites, and photos while we watched an oh-so-predictable Idol. On that note... please hold for a moment while I take a cookie and popcorn break in the lobby...... (cue elevator music).

---------------------------------------------------
Ka-ching! I'm back! Anyways, I arrived at the hotel late on Wednesday night, only to get up very early on Thursday.

Thursday - Today I co-facilitated the Diversity Course at Toyota. We have a great group of people and the day went by really quickly. So here I sit, scarfing down popcorn on Valentine's. I plan on relaxing and reading my magazines tonight. Then I'm going to stop by Kohl's and the Kitchen Outlet Store to buy myself some goodies. Then I'll swing by Mi Mexico for carry out. Sounds like a plan!!

No comments: