Thursday, February 21, 2008

Back to the Daily Grind...

Now, I feel like things are getting back to my normal routine. I'm glad to be home again. I'm glad Adam's home, too. Here's the past week in review... boy, how it flew by!
Friday - Today I co-facilitated day two of the Diversity Course at Toyota. Yet, another good day. However, it was soon time for my 3+ hour drive home. On the way, I got a call from Adam that Kelly & Brian's friend was not able to come to the Linkin Park concert that night, did I want to go? Earlier in the week I had been wanting to go, but now I was just feeling exhausted and wanted to crawl into bed. However, I wanted to see Adam and do something fun to kick off the weekend, so I went. It was fun, even though we sat in the very highest row at Nationwide Arena. I was also surprised to find that I knew 13 of the songs they played - all radio hits. It's always fun to be able to sing along. It took me forever to get home out of the parking garage and traffic. Therefore, when I got home I hit the hay right away. Hence, no photos. :(
Saturday - I worked at CSCC this morning. The day went by extremely fast. After work Adam and I ate lunch (macaroni and cheese) and watched TV. Soon after, though, he headed to Dayton for the Wright State basketball game. I chose not to go to that because I was so exhausted and had to work in the morning. So, instead, I spent the night on the couch. I watched "Catch and Release" which got me feeling lovey-dovey, so I watched our wedding videos. I'm such a sap! But, once again, no photos. :(
Sunday - Today I worked all day at PetSmart. That evening we had a store-wide meeting and tour of the new hotel. They ordered way too much pizza and Cheryl & Co. cookies so I brought tons of goodies home for Adam and myself. Yummm!! We started watching "Snow Buddies" tonight, but stopped early because I began falling asleep (did I mention that I'm exhausted??). Wow, I hate to admit it, but no photos. This is the last time... I promise!!
Monday - Adam was off work today for the holiday (boo!), but I had to work the typical day at CSCC. Apparently we had a mini-blizzard while I was at work. Despite the snow, after work Adam and I agreed to meet to make large elecronic purchases and then binge eat, haha! Adam bought more hard drive space for his computer (after purchasing music recording and editing software and a midi keyboard earlier in the day), and I bought my new toy - a 50 mm Canon lens! I like it a lot. We both played around with our toys for the evening. After shopping, we ate at BJ's Brewhouse. I concluded that I ate way too many greasy potato skins because I got horrible stomach pains/cramps immediately following the binge. I was in the most agony of my life as I drove home and I actually ended up throwing up when I got home. Yuck! I thought it was overeating, but I may have had a slight stomach flu. I heard there's something like that going around.
Adam's New Toy

The dogs make a captive audience in Adam's "recording studio."Tuesday - Today I worked at CSCC to make up for being off this weekend. My stomach wasn't quite feeling right all day, but I never got sick. Then again, all I ate for breakfast was bottled water and Pepto, and soup for lunch. Right after work, I went to my photo class. The teacher really liked my snow panoramic photo (which was posted earlier). Adam and I finished our "Snow Buddies" movie tonight - how cute, yet so unrealistic! I love the Buddies! Believe it or not, I ate the leftovers of the food that made my sick the night before. I didn't feel sick at all! Can you tell I have a food problem?? I also placed a catalog order for some cute home decor and shelving to organize my computer room. Tonight was American Idol night. Woohoo! My favorite boys - David Hernandez, David Cook, and Michael Johns. Danny Noriega... has got to go! Adam spent the evening playing with his new toy.



Wednesday - Today Adam stayed home from work sick. However, he worked all day. We also had a snowstorm overnight, which didn't help. I worked at PetSmart and was supposed to head to tutoring, but they cancelled due to the snow. So, I took advantage and went on a shopping spree once again. I've lately been obsessed with purchasing home decor, to the point of getting out of control. I bought several holiday items and a black bear statue at Hobby Lobby. Then, I went to Kroger Marketplace for groceries and MORE home decor. Wow! They have cute stuff. I bought a little flower in a glass for our arc-window sill in the bathroom. I also bought stuff for a gift-project for someone. Finally, I got the cutest wilderness themed wall clock for the family room. Cute stuff! I rushed home to get the dogs ready for agility class. They both had successful classes, Brutus is now continually showing improvement. My plan was to clean this evening, but after agility I started to feel miserable and terribly cranky. My neck, shoulders, and lower back were so achy and I felt the flu coming on. I ended up sitting around and watching Idol and Ghost Hunters. I also had to make my Veggie Pizza for tomorrow. I don't really have a favorite Idol girl yet. However, I do not care for Amanda Overmeyer, Amy Davis, Carly Smithson, Joanne Borgella, or Kristy Lee Cook (especially).

The view from my computer room.
Thursday - Adam's staying home sick yet again. I woke up feeling better, sort of... No more aching, but now I have a bit of a cough and some drainage in my throat. I feel fine though. I really hope I'm not getting sick. At work today we had our Weight Club luncheon, for which I made Veggie Pizza. It turned out really tasty, I think! Everyone else's food was great too. I tried some new things I've never had before and liked them! Now it's all downhill until work is over, then I really do need to clean hardcore. My Mom and her cousin Nancy are coming up to visit us for the weekend. I'm very excited, but I hope no one is sick and the weather isn't bad!


------------------------------------------


Now I'm home from work. Once again, a mini-blizzard hit just before I left work. It took me 45 minutes to get home. Once I got home, I did find my awesome talent in picking which American Idol contestants would get kicked off. We cleaned a little tonight, hung up some new decor, and I worked on photos in my cozy little slippers. Time to cuddle up for bed! Nite nite!

No comments: