Last weekend was a blast!! I had my first day off in 32 days, and boy did we accomplish a lot. Saturday morning I had to work at CSCC. After work Adam and I worked to get everything ready for our big Labor Day party. In the evening, we headed to Fairborn for Bill's 50th birthday party. It was fun with GREAT food. We played cornhole. Bill was on my team and we won the tournament because he's awesome. I'm not even sure if I scored any points. My parents and sister drove up to Delaware with us after the party. Kelly and Adam's dad were already there because they had gone to the OSU game.
The next morning Mr. H made us all eggs and sausage for breakfast. Everyone helped to clean the place up. Allie became obsessed with scrubbing the floor (which was more dirty after the party than it was before). Kelly swept the whole house. Mom washed dishes multiple times while I got food ready. Adam mowed and pulled weeds. Dad made himself look busy. :) He set up tables and chairs and lawn games. The party started arriving quickly. Soon there were 33 people at our house!!! We had pulled BBQ pork for lunch and tons of great salads, side dishes, and desserts. We had cornhole again, and Kelly provided the materials for a water balloon toss, and potato sack races! It was fun. Then we had a ping-pong tournament. Bru Bru opened his presents and we sang happy birthday to him as he wore his birthday gear in humiliation (see below).
The Cutest B-day Boy!

Gearing up for the Sack Race
Having a little too much fun... 
Then Adam and I opened gifts (wow! we didn't expect that!). We got lots of Mums, decorations, a Bengals cornhole, a Japanese Weeping Maple tree, gift cards, and biodegradable toilet paper (as a joke about Adam clogging and exploding the toilet). Everyone is so nice! The party was fun, everyone had a great time but were exhausted afterwards. That night Adam and I watched a Flip that House marathon (which would subliminally inspire the events of the next day). Then we played one-on-one cornhole and watched Vacancy... a pretty good, scary movie.
Monday we slept in a bit, but I was all motivated and ready to "flip" our house. We set out with a $25 Lowe's gift card and some mums and ended up spending a pretty penny on dozens of lawn accessories. We ripped out a bush in the front to plant the Japanese Maple and transported the bush to the backyard. Well, our backyard really didn't look right with just one bush... so, we joined it with 10 others. We planted all the mums in the front bed. In the back we bought another Rose of Sharon bush, a
plum bush, 3 Japanese grasses, two
Asian lillies, two other little bushes, and a
clematis (which I am OBSESSED with!). So, then, that wasn't enough. We also bought
solar lantern lights to surround the mulch bed. But, wait... that wasn't enough either! Adam bought this black plastic edging to line the bed. And, finally, we bought and installed a
ceiling fan for our family room. Whew! What a "Labor Day" it was!
Our Japanese Maple
The new Mums and Rose of Sharon Tree
Our Asian Lilies (we also have red)

Our Japanese Grasses and Plum Bush
My Clematis!!! :)
Thankfully, I was off work on Tuesday and spent that day recuperating and cleaning the house. Now, it's back to my busy work life. My next day off is our anniversary vacation! Woohoo! Can't wait to get away!!
A few other updates - here are pictures of our "before" and "after" of our laundry room. A HUGE improvement!!
BEFORE

AFTER

Also, my little sis moved away to college last night (*tear*). Here are the pictures of her in her new dorm!
And Dad at her computer desk
1 comment:
Wow, what a holiday it was for you! Way to go all-out on the gardening, hehe, it looks beautiful! :)
Does your sister have a room to herself, taking up that whole desk and everything? Lucky duck...
So I take it you're going to help me with the goal of visiting with you every three months? LOL. I figured that was doable, although it would be better for you guys to visit us when we have an extra room for you to sleep! I guess there's always camping out in the living room! :P
Post a Comment