So, it's ALMOST time for me to RELAX - for real! In less than 4 hours I will be on my way to a late-summer, overdue, (and well-deserved) vacation. HOWEVER, the stress of getting ready is what makes the vacation relaxing, right? Two days ago, they cancelled our white water rafting trip on us because no one signed up but us! I was so bummed because this was the pinnacle of our trip (for me!). I called around and finally found a group we can join on the same day - whew! Then I called to confirm that the wooffins had a doggy hotel reservation. Hmmm... no record of you ever calling! Fortunately, they had a large cage available for them still - whew!
Earlier this week, Adam decided that his car might explode if we drove it several hundred miles without getting it serviced. No one had appointments available until October. Also, we realized we had no sleeping bags for camping, so Adam had to drive to Dayton to pick them up from his parents' house and exchange cars - whew! Last night, I was reviewing the trip schedule with Adam and he confessed that when trading out his car for his parents' SUV he mistakenly left his wallet and cell phone charger in his car, which is sitting in Dayton... grrr.... okay, hopefully we can make-do.
Then, Adam signed up for Scotts Lawn Service this week. Well, they're a little TOO prompt with their service. They fertilized yesterday and aerated and over-seeded today!! Which, I thought that fertilizer kills the seeds, but whatever! They also left us a nice bill for $300! As well as a note that we need to start watering twice a day ASAP so the seeds don't dry out, or they'll never grow!! Hmmm... not going to be home for a week to water!!! So, there goes $300! Adam and I are at a loss for what to do. We hate to burden the neighbors, but we also hate to waste $300! So, now we have to scramble to buy an extra sprinkler and extra hose so everything's all set up, the neighbors just have to run the sprinklers each night.
Frustrations, frustrations......... I hope everything else goes right from here on out. The trip should be a good time if the weather cooperates. Hopefully my next update will be more positive. Until then...
Friday, September 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment