Friday, January 26, 2007

The Wii and Mii...

I spent some time playing tennis with the Nintendo Wii today. I did win, of course. I was so lucky to get out of work early today. But that doesn't nearly make up for the 55+ hours I've already worked this week, plus I have to be in at 7:30am tomorrow!! Miserable, miserable, miserable...

On Monday, I worked from 9am to 7:30pm. Then, I had to drive across town to Bruty's puppy class from 8pm to 9pm. Then I planned my lessons from 9pm until 2:30am!!! I was so behind and it didn't seem that late. On Tuesday I worked from 9am to 4pm, then drove to Dayton for 2 hours, then taught class from 6pm to 10pm. Wednesday morning I drove back to Columbus and worked from 9am to 6:30pm. I can't remember what I did after work that night. I might have graded the students' quizzes. Oh yeah, and I updated all of Bruty's baby scrapbook. Thursday I worked 9am to 6:15pm (getting closer to the actual time that I'm supposed to leave!). All evening I applied for jobs. I applied for 8 on Sunday and 4 yesterday. I even got an email response last night from someone interested at a local college! I have a phone interview early next week - woohoo!!! It sounds like it's for a pretty important position, I'd actually be supervising all the program directors. We'll see how that goes, I feel pretty good about it since she contacted me so quickly. Although, I'm afraid to know why she was on her work email at 10:30pm??

Tonight, I plan to make Adam take me out to dinner. :) We haven't celebrated our wedding "monthiversary" yet. However, two even bigger events are next week. My 25th birthday and our 4 year anniversary. That will be the big celebration. My goals before Adam gets home today are to play some more Wii and then start reading a chapter for class Tuesday. I did get an additional teaching assignment today, so I'll be teaching from now through April with no time off in between. That's great news while I continue the job search! I'm finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel!! Tonight we'll probably eat dinner and watch a movie. Somehow I now have 3 movies and 2 video games in my possession from Blockbuster Total Access, yet I didn't pay for any of them. We truly are taking them for all they're worth!!

Tomorrow, I will be working all morning, then it will probably be nap time and cleaning day. Sunday we hope to finally go skiing at Mad River!! I'm so excited that there's finally been snow on the ground all week! Yipee! Well, time for some Wii and nachos and cheese! :)

No comments: