Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Tired and burned out...

Well, I'm here at my parents' house. It's already been a long week. Yesterday I worked a full day and they had me at my campus, then traveling to the Main Campus and then heading out to the west campus for covering office hours, appointments, and an orientation. I got done at 7:30pm and then had Brutus' puppy basic training class at 8pm. At 9pm, I played several rounds of Nintendo Wii boxing. Then I had to start the lesson plans for tonight. I was up until about 1:30am. I had to call it a night because at that point I was falling asleep on the textbook!

I worked another full, stressful day today. At 4pm I had to (I mean "got" to) head to Dayton to teach at 6pm. I got out of class at 10pm tonight and then headed here. Mom stuffed my face with food when I got here. Of course I was starving from working through dinner. I think my students want to start bringing in dinner to class, and that is 100% fine with me! Teaching went pretty well. It was very discussion-based and led by the students. I think I did a good job facilitating and sparking conversation with discussion questions. I just hope that they feel like I'm actually teaching the class and not just sitting back and doing nothing!

So, tomorrow is another full day, and then Thursday. But I'm off on Friday! Off from my advising job, but I will be in training for my new consulting job - yipee!!! I will also have training on Saturday, so a never-ending week. Cross your fingers for me. I really hope this consulting works out and I can get some sessions in the near future. If so, my advising job will be ancient history!!

Right now I feel like my life is consumed by work. I guess it is, when I work 50+ hours a week! It's a real bummer to not have free time and enjoy life. I have the biggest splitting headache now. I think it's time for bed. I plan on strolling in a little late tomorrow since my commute will be quite long. Until next time. Here are two pictures for the road - I had to add something interesting in since I know how to upload images now!

This is one of our engagement pictures - courtesy of Tracy. We're a little red-faced because the picture was scanned in.

It's amazing what I'll find saved on my parents' computer. This was right after Adam proposed to me through Tots' bandanna. :)

No comments: