Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Cleaning Weekend III

So, the excitement of Spring Cleaning EVERY weekend this month is starting to wear off in weekend #3. But I'm sticking to it, because the house is looking great!! The sad part is, the downstairs was the easiest part. Now, the upstairs will become harder, and the basement will be the real chore. Ick! Can't even think about that right now. We were busy with a lot of other things this weekend, so that was part of the excuse.

Friday night we were just beat after work, but we managed to finish off the kitchen. During the week, I cleaned out all the upper cabinets, organized, and got rid of some mis-matched, random utensils. The coupon/recipe cabinet was the worst, but now it's in complete order. Remember this...??TA-DAAA!!! I have a counter top!! All the junk was organized or filed. I no longer have a stack of papers on the counter (they're now in my room which will be the next thing to be cleaned). The stove area is cleaned and the counter tops cleared. Yay!We're not really coming across a lot of donations/garage sale items -YET. I've mostly been organizing, packing away, and throwing out a lot of junk.

Saturday morning I got up and started some cleaning on the Bathroom. I had to wait for Adam to return from the grocery with some paper towels so I could continue the cleaning. But, it wasn't too hard at all. I cleaned as I normally would with the sink and toilet, and organized under the sink - threw out some old medicines and cleaning products. Here is the finished room with our cute little leprechaun decoration. Almost time to put up the Easter decor!

The cabinet is orderly!

Then, I started cleaning the Living Room. The main problem with this room is that there were still Christmas/birthday gifts in there! I just didn't know where to put them! I worked on those during the week and Adam finished the room while I went ghost hunting Saturday night. He also had a table up with several completed puzzles on it that I was just ready to put away.

My favorite part of the clean living room is the windows. We removed the dog slobber, hair, dust, dirt, and dead bugs. Plus, I washed the curtains for the first time. I was afraid to when we moved in because of my disaster with the kitchen curtains. But, I went for it because of this Cheetos-like substance that seemed to be caked onto them. Gross... I will admit it. Have you looked too closely at YOUR house though??? I'd like to think that many people's houses get easily get this way over time.

So, I spent all of Saturday ghost hunting, but not really seeing any ghosts. Sunday I "tried" to sleep in but Adam and the dogs had other plans. In the afternoon, my cousin Nicole and her fiance Allen came to visit to see our place, our dogs, to actually meet Allen for the first time, and to talk wedding photos. We ate lunch at El Vaquero (and tried to talk them into a cruise for their honeymoon) and then got dessert at Ollie's. SO happy he's open for the season! Best Cake Batter Homemade Ice Cream in a Homemade Waffle Cone EVER!

I'm super excited that I will be shooting Nicole and Allen's wedding in October! And, I'm glad that she loves photos as much as I do. Allen seems like a really nice guy. They make a cute couple! I can't wait! We need to be in touch more often. We enjoyed their visit.

Now I'm enjoying the cool breeze while I blog and take in the last of the Sunday evening from a weekend that went by way too fast. I'm almost feeling inspired to start sorting through the mess in my room or closet after looking at my inspiring clean-house photos and just walking through the downstairs. Nah! I think dinner and a DVD sounds better.

No comments: