Sunday, February 15, 2009

It's about time for a 2009 post...

Hello, I've decided to make my first post for 2009. I think I know why I haven't posted sooner.... I think my blog is even more uninteresting without pictures. And I realized I don't take my own pictures anymore. In fact, I'm really not even into it at all. I love taking artistic photos as a career for my clients, but I just don't care to take more photos for me to edit and immediately archive somewhere, never to look at again. I wish I could keep up with photo albums again... I enjoy looking through those. So, tonight I plan to print out TONS of photos from our "recent" (Sept. and Oct.) vacations and put them in the albums that have been sitting on my kitchen counter for months. Yay me!

So, here is my non-photo first post. I wanted to write about my lovely Valentine's Day with Adam. I had to work in the morning, and it was a less than fun day with some really strange students and the stress of putting the final touches on a board game I created for a work party on Monday.

I got home to find the house clean and my wilting birthday bouquet replaced with a dozen red roses... (*grin*) We first exchanged gifts - I got him a Wii carry case, renewal subscription to Guitar World Magazine, and some scratch off Love Lottery tickets (I saw them at Kroger and was just dying to know what was on them...). He got me the roses and the movie I have been waiting 365 days for: "Space Buddies," a follow up to 2008's critically acclaimed "Snow Buddies," which I received last Valentine's Day. (Remember Air Bud, Golden Retriever? It's his puppies! Totally lame, I know... but those puppies are just SO darn cute, AND they can talk!)

After gifts, we went to my favorite - El Vaquero - for dinner. Then my brave husband agreed to get a pedicure with me. No polish for him, but I think he liked the foot rubbing/massage part. And, his feet look AMAZING! He needs that more often, and so do I! Then we got dessert at Cold Stone and came home to watch "Space Buddies." It was so corny and unrealistic that it was quite enjoyable. Then we watched (and I partially slept through) "Vantage Point." I think I slept through the part that explained what was going on, so I was quite confused at the end. (BTW - We watched "Skeleton Key" Friday night and that was different... We are on a movie streak since we can watch NetFlix on Demand now through his XBox.)

Well, that's it... hope someone actually reads this. :) I'm off to the grocery, or we will not be eating dinner until 10pm tonight. Making Sausage and Cheese Calzones... yummy!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Not a Chipotle fan? I wasn't for the longest time but then we got it where I used to work ALL the time and I started to get into it. Then it became an obsession. I think it's the chips I like the most! Ha-ha.

Mandy said...

No I didn't get a lens baby yet but I would like to have one. I haven't seen many of them, only a few bloggers. Did you get one?

Mandy said...

Wow you are after the big lenses. Since I got laid off I have had to stop looking at camera things. I keep trying to get people to let me take pics but there is someone else in the family that they always turn to first. So until I get more people wanting photos, and some more money coming in, I have to hold off. I have 3 good ones so I need to just be happy. Ha-ha.