Monday, May 19, 2008

Time flies...

...when you're having fun! This weekend was a blast, but I didn't sit down for a minute. The fun started on Friday when I worked all day, then we had a meeting at OSU with their advisors. We learned a lot of important information that we can use to help transfer students. After the meeting (did I mention delicious cookies were provided?) I picked up my car and picked up Allie for the weekend. We headed back to my house to pack all my stuff and pick up the wolffins. We picked up some Mc Donald's for dinner in the car and made it home late. I relaxed and read magazines while Allison (and Dad) rocked out to High School Musical 2. How does my 53-year-old father know the words to HSM2?? Scary... Later in the evening, I got a brief call from Adam, "Turn on FOX Sports, bye!" I had my dad flip it on, and there was Adam on TV, waving, behind Jim Day! Haha! Hilarious!

Saturday morning I had to get up early for the "Runaway Bride 5K Race" in the bridal district of Cincinnati. I met up with Adam, Brian, Kelly, and their friend Nick to head to the race. Kelly and I walked while the guys ran. We actually placed in the race.... LAST! Quite funny! We were walking as fast as we could, but still couldn't keep up with the women in their tennis shoes and old bridal gowns. Adam, on the other hand, placed FIRST in his age group (19-29-year olds). AND, he won a FABULOUS prize!!! No, not the great Fleet Feet running shoes gift cards everyone else was winning, but oh yes, a gift certificate for a free wedding cake! $780 worth of wedding cake! Cha-ching!! Hilarious.... Just what he wants, right? Just what I want! This is going to be a huge cake (feeds 135), but we plan to share it with everyone at our annual Labor Day party. So, that was the big moment of our day.

After the race, we ate a gazillion-calorie breakfast at Original Pancake House and drove by Brian and Kelly's new house. I headed home at this point, while Adam went to the Reds/Indians game and a friend's birthday party, and then a comedy club. Once I got home I packed up my camera and headed to my first Pet Photo Shoot. It was with my cousin's dog, Bandit. My aunt hired me as a 50th birthday gift for my cousin. We had fun with him. He looked so cute! I think they will love the pictures!


After the photo shoot, we visited for a while, then I jetted home to pick up my sister to look at crafts at the Spring Fling (annual carnival and craft show down in the 'Burg). I was easily able to purchase more than I needed in no time flat. This one particular stand had the cutest hand-painted country signs that I just HAD to purchase. My favorite says, "Save water... bathe with a friend," and it has two little hand-painted people (man and woman) in an-old fashioned tub in a bubble bath. Cute stuff! We picked up some Ice Cream Trolley cones on the way out.

After the craft show, I worked on editing some of Bandit's photos while Mom and Dad grilled out BBQ chicken for dinner. We ate dinner for the first time at their new dining room table. After dinner, Allison and I visited Grandma and Grandpa for their anniversary. She made homemade popcorn with butter. Yummm... and we listened to their digital cable music channels. Haha! We ended up staying pretty late and had to leave because I was falling asleep to the Easy Listening channel. :) And that, folks, was my extremely busy Saturday.

P.S. The canvas fold-up crate for Brutus has not been working so well. Trial 1 - crate was unzipped by Brutus and he achieved freedom. Trial 2 - crate was zip tied shut for extra reinforcement, so instead it was clawed at and was "rolled" out into the hallway, knocking over the doggy water dish and soaking everything in water. He's such a genius...

On Sunday, I slept in a little bit and took the dogs for a morning walk. I showered while my parents were at church and then we all headed to the Dayton Dragons baseball game. I took a few photos there.


After the game, I headed right to the Harringtons' for a belated Mother's Day cookout. I got a great new recipe for a Strawberry Vanilla Wafer Cake. It was sooooo good! I stayed and chatted for a while. Adam had taken the Mr. Bru Bru with him, due to his prior instances in the crate. He was having a blast with his frisbees and the other dogs.

Then, after a short visit, I met my parents at Margarita Village (think - authentic Mexican food) for dinner. After dinner, we met Adam at their house to help my dad move out their couch (they purchased new furniture) and pick up the end table for our basement. Moving the couch was no easy task... It didn't quite fit in the doorway. My mom couldn't get over the fact that she thought it needed to go out through the window, haha! I have no idea how they fit it in the family room 20 years ago, because it wasn't coming out! Finally, after about 30 minutes, everyone listened to my suggestion and the couch broke free. Only minor damage was done to the newly painted walls.
We got home late last night. Allie burned some new American Idol music for me while we drove in the car. Now I can listen to DC's beautiful voice all the time!

No comments: