Saturday, March 8, 2008

So THIS is what a blizzard looks like...

So, even though the blizzard has ruined some plans (including our romantic Saturday night date at the Ballet Met, a job interview, and a photo shoot at the Blue Jackets game), it is quite exciting and fun! We thought the snow was great last night, but we had no idea what we were in for today! We've been under a level 3 snow emergency all day - so we're snowed in. The malls, restaurants, and stores are all closed. Here are photos from our Saturday snow day! The boys had a blast wrestling and leaping through the 3 foot+ snow drifts (over their heads!). They stayed outside for several hours and wouldn't come back in, despite looking like abominable snow dogs.



While they were working on that, Adam and I joined our neighbors in a neighborhood shoveling party. They came over to help us snow-blow and shovel our driveway, so we joined them on their trek around the neighborhood. They had shoveled almost everyone's driveway from our house to the main road.
Let me tell you what I love about these pictures... Here is our neighbor Darron with his industrial grade snow blower, blowing OUR sidewalk. In the meantime, you can see the guys with the shovels (Adam in blue) standing around, while the little girl and women are shoveling! Haha! Love it!


I also took some photos of all the snow around our house. So smooth and beautiful!
The drifts were almost 5 feet high on the side of our house.
The dogs have fun coming back into our back porch after playing outside.
Guess the mail's not going to be coming for a while...
Other than that, this has been a busy week. On Tuesday I got my first-ever car tune up. Hmmm... probably should have done that before it hit 60,000 miles, huh? Everything's good though! Right after that I had a meeting with CSCC's Coordinator of Exercise Sciences. We discussed some options for our unmotivated weight-loss club members. I'm excited about getting started with them! After our meeting, I had some time to kill before my photo class. I decided to walk around the wet and gloomy campus taking 2-D photos for my class project.



What a waste class was! I got to class and our teacher didn't feel like teaching (does he ever!?) so he sent us home after filling out evaluations. We enjoyed American Idol tonight... can I possibly love David Archuleta anymore?? :) He's so precious!

On Wednesday I had to work in the morning at PetSmart. However, it was a pretty easy day since I didn't have any classes schedule to start this week. So, I stood around a lot and did not much of anything. After work, I took the dogs to agility. They weren't very productive. Tyson acted exhausted and Brutus acted distracted. Again, we had a nice evening off, watching American Idol and then the season premier of "Ghost Hunters!" It was actually eventful too! Plus, our favorite show ever is back - "Destination Truth!" I love Josh Gates in all of his hilarity as he searches for the Asian Yeti.

Thursday, I worked at CSCC all day. When I got home we watched the results show of American Idol. I am now only 85% correct on my guesses as to who gets voted off. My perfect streak was broken with Asi'ah getting the boot... never would've guessed that. She should not have left! Kristi Lee Cook, don't get cozy, your time is up!! I'm thrilled that Danny Noriega is gone. Didn't expect it, but I knew his fate was soon to come. After the show we watched Andy Samberg's movie, "Hot Rod." It was actually very funny and cute! I would recommend it!

Friday was just the beginning of the blizzard. I got to sleep in and didn't have to be into work until 12:30pm, which proved to be problematic. It took about 55 minutes to get there with the snow-covered roads. I just knew as soon as I pulled in that they'd close... but they didn't. Finally, around 3pm we got the message that the campus was closing! At 4:30pm! That's what time we close anyways! Fortunately, our boss was nice enough to let us go a few minutes early. It took me an hour and 20 minutes to get home with rush hour traffic. I was not planning on heading right back out for the Blue Jackets game. Instead, we cooked dinner and watched "Evan Almighty." That was a cute movie too. We shoveled that night to prepare for what was to come. It was so quiet and bright outside. Adam took the dogs on a run down the middle of the road since there was no traffic. We also watched a Dateline Special "Into the Woods" and made Cheesecake Pudding...mmm!

At least then you could see the bricks around our landscaping...

Now, I've been working on all my photos from the day, Adam's playing guitar, and the doggies are napping. I'm going to start dinner here soon and maybe we can find another movie to watch tonight, since Blockbuster is not an option. Ta-ta!

No comments: