Thursday, March 20, 2008

New Best Friends

I have recently fallen "in love" with three material posessions. I have become engrossed in the superficial and no longer operate in a human reality. It's all about technology! Believe it or not, my new best friends are Photoshop, my new Blackberry Pearl, and DVR! Adam and I have finally decided to catch up to the 21st century and get with the program!

Blackberry came into my life two days ago and I can't get enough. DVR has been around for about a week and we're already taping things we would normally never watch. (Bye bye commercials!) Photoshop and I have had a rough relationship for a while. But recently we've come to an understanding and tonight it all just clicked. Tonight was magical! While I go play Breakout (remember Atari?) on my phone, check out what I can do!

I've learned (taught myself) how to soften the images in my portraits to erase lines, blemishes, etc. (not that you have any Vicki & Dan!), but it overall makes the photo a bit more romantic. It's great for wedding photography, too. It only takes a gazillion steps in Photoshop, but is well worth it to me! Here's the Before & After.
I've also played around with different (dorky) layouts for senior portraits. Cheesy, anyone?

But I'm learning! And it's all good. Now I just have to dip into that creativity thing that I have somewhere and I'll have all the tools I need!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I am obsessed with our DVR. I didn't have cable at my place for two years and Chris finally flipped out and said we need it. We got DVR free for a month and I will never give it up. I find myself taping shows I have never heard of and turn out to love them. Glad to see you are coming together with photoshop. Photoshop and I don't have that understanding yet! ha-ha.