Thursday, February 28, 2008

Times are a changin'

Photos-schmotos... I haven't been good about my daily photos AT ALL this week! I guess you can't really take photos of the boring things I do everyday. I can't wait until spring when I can conduct some real intentional photo-taking. I can't believe I haven't posted all week. It flew by so fast!

Monday - Typical work day, once again. We watched "Balls of Fury" tonight. It was kind of a funny movie. I didn't mind it. It was different than what I expected (because I was thinking Will Ferrell was in it.... meaning I've basically already seen it in the form of Blades of Glory, Old School, or Talledega Nights).

Tuesday - Typical crazy day with no working involved! I am happy to say I started my dog-walking regimen again this week. Finally I'm emerging from my rut. I met the old ODU folks for lunch at our favorite locale - On the Border. Shayla, Sharr, and Cindy and I ate a delicious Mexican lunch together. Shayla and I are the only two who have braved the world outside of ODU, so we tried to keep the ODU conversations to a minimum, with no luck. Sharr promised that next time we met she'd have a new job. Right! After lunch, I had my photo class. Another, uneventful class where we learned nothing and only looked at other students' photos.

After class, I headed to Polaris B & N for some Starbuck's and my Ghosts of Ohio interview. And, the results are in...............

Adam and I are now official ghost hunters! I met with the club founder himself (sneak a peek at his work here) and 3 others, and he kept emphasizing how we were handpicked for this "exclusive" club. And now... I feel like a rock star! Check out more info about our group here. We are already invited to our first meeting and tour on Sunday. Unfortunately, I have to work, but Adam will attend for me. I'm working on this working-every-Sunday-issue, though.

We had dinner at home tonight and watched "American Idol." I'm just lovin' David Archuleta. Awww... I hope he performs while petting fuzzy kittens next week. That would only be perfect.

Wednesday - What's with the constant snow?? I've had enough! I made it to PetSmart (one minute late - AGAIN) due to the snow. I had my Click-A-Trick graduation. Then I had my final tutoring session with Dustin. Hopefully he'll get more hours through his school for the summer. I headed home to get ready for agility, but class was cancelled due to weather delays. So, I took advantage of the afternoon and worked on my resume! I hate to say it, but PetSmart's got to go! Not that I don't enjoy it, but it's not going to be flexible with my new ghosthunting role. I have submitted a few resumes and we'll see what happens over the next week. As a hint... I'm thinking photography... (Update: Interview tomorrow!!)

That night, we had tickets to the Angels and Airwaves concert at the Newport. It was pretty much the longest concert ever on the coldest night of my life! It didn't end until 11:45pm and Tom DeLong was just atrociously over-confident in himself. I also had to suffer through the scents of many people with B.O. who were constantly passing by where we were standing. As we trotted to our car, breathing the icy air made my throat feel like it was going to explode. I slept the whole way home. (I think Adam did too, and he was driving! Eek!)

Thursday - Another typical work day. It's been quite slow for me. However, it's almost lunch time, and now I'm off to attempt to take photos of the school play "A Raisin in the Sun" for the newspaper. We'll see if they'll let me backstage- hehe! Tonight is the results show for Idol, but we must find the girls' performances on YouTube before we can make our final decision. (Update: I guessed the dismissals over the phone with Adam, and I'm now 6 for 6.)

Here is the cast and director of the play:


1 comment:

Mandy said...

Holy crap you are a Ghost Hunter? That is awesome!!! I used to do something (not as exciting) growing up in Waynesville. One of our H.S. projects was to investigate the Stetson House. Ever since then I have been hooked on ghosts! ha-ha. I wish I lived closer and could do it also, that would be wicked cool ;-)