Ahhh... the weekend went by so fast, yet it is almost time for our extended holiday weekend again! It's been a good, busy time recently. As I mentioned in my last post, I spent Thursday and Friday in Athens at OU. We had a grand 'ole time at our welcome reception on Thursday night. Free wine and appetizers for all! (Remind me never to drink with my boss at a work event again!) :) The appetizers there just weren't enough for our fat bellies, so we went out to the Court Street Diner for yet another meal with milkshakes. Mmm mmm.... I was whooped and over-stuffed by that point, so we all turned in for the evening.
On Friday morning, we had a delicious breakfast buffet at the conference. The presentations were only about an hour long (yay for that!) and very informative. After that was a college fair, then a buffet lunch, and finally a private campus tour! I got so much free stuff it was unbelievable. I feel like I robbed them. We got a leather portfolio, OU t-shirts, several OU pens, a picture frame, and a cute little bobcat wearing an OU shirt. IDC also called me regarding another diversity facilitation opportunity in December. I'll be going to Michigan this time! I'm excited, because I'm now a senior consultant (i.e. big bucks-maker!). That evening, Adam and I had a date-night. We ate at Panda House for dinner and went to the opening night of Wild Lights at the Columbus Zoo. It was pretty cool because they were open until 11pm and we went around 9pm after all the kiddies had left for the night. By 10pm we were literally almost the only ones wandering around with the lights and the Christmas music - it was so peaceful! I'm ready to get very festive this holiday season. I'm hoping to attend more lights festivals, tree lightings, and the Nutcracker Ballet!
Saturday morning, Adam and I headed to Dayton for the Grote's OSU vs. Michigan party. It was quite a sweet victory. And, just to re-iterate the Michigan loss, we held our own game of OSU vs. Michigan flag football, where "Michigan" lost yet again. Kelly had bought "professional" flag football equipment. I chose to be the referee, but only because the kit came with a cute little "throw down" bean bag, where I could mark where the play ended. What a fun time! After that, we headed home to pick up the dogs to visit Nana at the nursing home. She was so happy to see Tyson and repeatedly told all the comatose residents and the nurses how Tyson can read a book and dance. I'm sure they all thought she was wacko, but it is in fact true, Tyson can read and dance. As soon as we got there, Tyson proceeded to blow chunks in the hallway (I guess he couldn't stand the smell either!). Other than that everything went well, even Mr. Booce was well-behaved. He, who is scared of his own shadow, never flinched at the wheelchairs, carts, or walkers. He has found his calling in volunteer work! After the "home," we met my parents at their house for dinner with Cassano's pizza, AND Dad brought me Wonton Soup. Yum! That night I drove back home with the boys and Adam headed to Cincy for the Bengals game on Sunday.
Sunday, I worked all day. That evening, Adam and I watched "The Reaping" in the dark on our surround-sound, big screen - just like the movie theater!! Also, just like the movie theater, our popcorn was eaten by the end of the previews! :) It was a very good, creepy movie. I'd definitely recommend it! Today, I'm working a full day to make-up for my holiday time off. I'm working 8am to 7:30pm and tomorrow I'm in at 8am again. Wednesday I took the day off and I plan to pick up Allie around noon to head home for Trivia Night at Chumps, and then a weekend full of family activities. I can't wait! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays!
Monday, November 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment