Sunday, January 15, 2006

Not sure how I feel about this...

Hey new blog! I'm not sure how I feel about this. I haven't quite figured out all the details yet, but I was inspired when Vicki changed her blog over and I could no longer subscribe to hers (yes, I'm a stalker!). So, I'm trying this out, I may go back to Xanga, who knows! We'll see how this works for me.

Anyways, this has been a good weekend so far, and still there's one more day with! (Note, if I was using Xanga now, I'd insert a cute smiley face here...). Anyhow, I ended up heading back to Dayton this weekend, because at about 2pm on Friday I was already bored and didn't know how I'd handle a three-day weekend alone. So, I'm really glad that I came back home. Haven't gotten any work done, but you know how that goes. Friday night I was so happy to get to see Adam. He went to see WWE wrestling (ick!) and then met me at my parents' house afterwards. We were happy to be together. On Saturday morning I did a little bit of work, then got sidetracked really quickly. Saturday night, Adam came over and "surprised" me with an early birthday gift. He got me a new lap top computer!!!! :) He spoils me WAY too much, and I don't deserve it at all! We charged it up and then Adam and I headed to meet Brian and Kelly and some of her friends in the Oregon District to see a band play. It was fun, and she was way wasted by the time we got there. I had my bi-annual jager-bomb and was happy. I was also happy because Adam bought me chips and cheese dip from the Taco Bell drive-thru... it's the little things that matter. :)

When we got home that night we played around with the computer. I found that there was a really neat photo editing program trial on it. So we downloaded some pictures and played with it until late into the night. I got up early this morning and have been playing with it ALL day! It is SO addicting! I love it, and I'm excited to be able to make powerpoints to take to the Tech with me now since they have no technology there... So I made a lot of cool pictures and decided I'm going to become a wedding planner/photographer. My first project will be my sister's senior pictures, if I can convince her to comply.

Also tonight, Adam came to watch a sad loss for the Colts, and we ate Marion's pizza. Then we all had a reality show extreme makeover moment... I had been playing around with photoshop trying to show dad what he might look like without a mustache. We had a good laugh. Then later tonight, we were sitting around the table and dad came in fake crying - he shaved his mustache!!!!!! We were all SO shocked. It was such a weird moment, because it was so unexpected. It looks so different, it is weird when I look at him. I want it to come back! Anyways, Adam just left, I have been messing with computers all day, and I need to get up tomorrow morning to see Kong with Adam. So I'm gonna cuddle up with Ty Ty and Cosmo for the rest of the night. Good times!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEA!! Sheri has a blogger! I think you can put in smilies and it'll convert them for you, like :). I know you are a smiley gal! I'll have to add you to my list of links now...well your new address. I can't believe you got a laptop for your bday present, that's awesome! You'll have to tell me all about it. Did you know that my sister is a wedding/party planner? She has her own company. Fun stuff!